chapter 6

My hands were shaking as Miss.Oliver handed me a book of stapled together papers, I knew that the book was full of solo performances and as everyone was watching me, I flipped to a random page.

It was the scene where Juliet is standing on her balcony, talking to herself about how she wished Romeo wasn't a Montague, unknowing that he is in the bushes below listening.

I take a deep breath and begin reading. My voice is shaking and I stumble over a few words. I don't look up once, knowing that all eyes were on me as my lunch threatened to come up and spill itself all over Miss.Olivers red heels. 

When I was finally done, I dropped the book back into Miss.Olivers hand, taking off back towards my seat.

I look at my shoes as I walk to my seat. Once I sit, I still look down. Miss.Oliver launches into her lesson as I try to calm myself down, finding it almost impossible.

When class finally did end, I rushed outside of the building, leaning against a large tree as I gasp for air.

                    "Uh, Danielle." A males voice comes from beside me, I turn my head looking at the tall boy who stood there. He had brown eyes and brown hair, that was messy as if he had just run his fingers through it. His cheek bones were defined, his lips pouty and a scowl covered his face as he looked at me, checking me out. I took the moment to keep staring, a grey v-neck covered his torso and a pair of dark jeans covered his long legs, he had a black backpack slung over his shoulders. 

I looked him in the eyes, frowning. He was a gorgues guy but I getting pissed at the looks he was giving me.

                    "What?" I snap, glaring back.

                    "I take acting seriously and if you think that this drama class is going to be easy like it is in stupid public schools then you need to drop out now." His tone was laced with venom but he spit out the words 'public school' like it hurt him to say it.

                    "Your an ass." I say the first thing that comes to my mind. "And for your fucking information, I've requested to be taken out of drama because it isn't my thing. I didn't take it at my stupid public school and I refuse to take it here. I'm glad I'm getting switched out so I don't have to deal with your prick ass anymore." I normally don't swear, I save it for moments like this one when I'm beyond pissed off.

The look on his face changes instantly, it softens and his cheeks turn pink. "Sorry." He mumbles softly. "I take acting seriously and I get mad when people think of it as I joke. Plus I've been having a bad week. I didn't mean to take it out on you." He says, looking me in the eyes.

                    "Lets start over. I'm Rhode Perry." He grins, thrusting his hand out in front of me. My anger instantly fades away as I look at the boy standing in front of me, who is suddenly reminding me of a puppy.

I slip my hand into his, smiling back. "I'm Danielle Steel."

                    "It's nice to meet you." He says, squeezing my hand before letting go. "Once again, I'm sorry." He says before turning and walking away.