Chapter 5

After we left the counselors office, Bella led me to my first class. She told me that we shared the same second hour and she would meet me by the door of my first hour with Nava and the two of them would walk me to second hour.

For a few minutes, I stood outside the classroom, waiting for the minute bell to ring. I took the time to calm myself, not wanting to freak out in a room full of people that I didnt know. When the minute bell finally did ring, I followed a group of people into the room, finding an empty desk near the middle of the room.

The teacher, an older man named Mr.Proctor, walked into the room right before the final bell rang. He stood in front of the room, his eyes scanning over a peice of paper that he held out in front of him.

                    "This says that all of you have been going here all year expect for one of you." He says and I freeze, knowing that he was most likely going to make me introduce myself in front of everyone.

                    "Danielle Sparks, please come up here." I sigh, standing up and walking over to where he was standing.

                    "Welcome to St.Braxton's here is your book." He reaches over to his desk, picking up a large text book, dropping it into my outstretched hand.

I look up at the class, watching them all stare at me, my cheeks turn pink as I retake my seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first three hours go great. I meet alot of people, some of which decide that it'd be easier to call me new girl then remember my name.

After third hour, Bella walks to lunch with me, hunting down Nava on the way. They show me how the serving lines work and I find myself sitting at a table near the center of the room with a tray that has pizza and french fries on it. 

The tables surrouding us were filled with chatty people. There was a stage in the center of the room where a single microphone stood on a stand. 

I was nibbling on my food, saying hello to the people Bella and Nava introduced me to when a girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes stepped up on the stage, taking the microphone into her hand.

                    "Remember that today is the last day to sign up for Truth or Dare." She says before setting the microphone back down and stepping off the stage.

                    "What does she mean?" I ask Nava who was playing with her phone as Bella sat on the other side of me, talking with a few people.

                    "Every year, the seniors have a school wide game of Truth or Dare. For each dare or truth you get a few points, Dare's get way more points that truths but if you say no to a dare then you get disqualified." She says, stopping to take a sip of her pop.

                    "Each round everyone that has a low number of points gets disqualified and the winner gets 40,000 dollars." She grins as she says the amount of money. "Its alot of fun." 

                    "How do you sign up." I ask, I wasn't going to tell her but it would be good for me to win the money, I needed it so I could continue to go to school here. 

                    "Here." She reached into her coat pocket, handing me a small business card filled with directions.

I pull out my phone like the card says, following the directions. I recive a text, letting me know that I've officially been added to the list of people who were playing.

                    "Did it let you sign up?" Bella asks as I slip my phone back into my pocket.

                    "Yeah. Why wouldn't it?" I ask, grabbing a fry and dunking it in ketchup.

                    "You just started so I wasn't sure if it would, they used to have a rule that said you had to be going for a whole school year." She explains.

                    "They got rid of that last year when the new headmasters daughter wanted to play." Nava told her, shaking her head.

                    "I guess I forgot." Bella says, shrugging as she turns back to her food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 4th hour class was Drama, which had was making me regret eating lunch as I step into the class room which is step up like a theater, with a stage that faced rows of chairs. I take a seat near the back, waiting for everyone to come and for class to start.

When the class finally started, I moved closer to the front of the room, choosing a seat away form everyone else. I wasnt going to be in the class for long so there was no reason for me to be friendly with these people.

                    "Danielle Sparks, could you please come here." The teacher, a younger lady named Miss.Oliver, said as she stood on the stage, smiling towards me.

I groan, dropping my bag to the floor, I slowly make my way up the steps of the stairs to the stage, trying to ignor the fact that everyone was watching me.

I stand next to Miss.Oliver, biting my thumb nail.

                    "Danielle, in my class. I like for all new students to perform a small peice so the class can see their acting skills."

My stomach drops as she says this, I should have known this was coming.