Chapter 2

The wonderful banner at the right was made by PaulinatheViolinist :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'' 

"I'm going to miss you." My mom says as we sit outside the front gates of St. Braxton's waiting for the guard to open the gate so we could go in.

"I'm going to miss you to."

It's been exactly two weeks since I got my acceptance letter. In those two weeks I had done alot of things. I packed up the only room I've lived in my whole life, I said goodbye to a group of people who had always been there for me and I said goodbye to my old life because I knew, once we drove through the shiny black gates, my life was going to change and hopefully it was for the better.

I held my breath as the gates began to slide open and the guard, a burly man who had been quiet throughout our whole ordeal, waved us through.

As we drove further on to the campus, butterflies formed in the pit of my stomach. The place was beautiful. The buildings were tall and stood proud as oak trees surrounded them. The yard was freshly mowed and the sidewalks were free of litter; two things my old school lacked.

Students lounged around almost everywhere we looked. They were sitting on the grass, or under trees. Some leaned against their cars while others sat on benches.

The reason I had to wait two weeks was so I could start at the beginning of the 3nd trimester.  Last friday, exactly three days ago, they finished exams; making it so all of the students had a three day break and it was now evident that the students were using their last day of the break to soak up sun and relax before jumping into a brand new schedule.

"If we didn't have Max and Rudy, I'd complain about you leaving me alone." My mom says, smiling as she drives the car towards the administration building so we could do the last steps needed to register me.

Max and Rudy are our dogs. They were both male shih tzus and I found them very annoying but they were loyal to my mom and I knew that while I was gone they wouldn't let anything happen to her.

I laugh, trying to not look at all of the people that watched us drive by. They were making me nervous, what if these people didn't like me? What if things got so bad that I'd want to leave and then all of my work I did to get here would go to waste.

"Relax." My mom laughs as I tighten my grip on the arm rest, digging my finger nails into it.

I nod, tipping my head back and taking a deep breath. There was nothing to worry about, everything would be okay and I would love it here. I chanted the words over and over again, tying to get myself to believe them.

My mom gives me a big smile as we pull into a spot outside the administration building. I smile back, not knowing how I was going to deal with not seeing her everyday.