Chapter 3

The new cover was made by sparkes

"Um. Hello." I call out as I stand in the doorway of my new dorm.

The room I had been assigned to was a triple, meaning I would have two roommates. When I got to the room, the door had been open. From the door I could see a girl with dark hair in the middle of the room, her eyes were closed with her arms above her head. She was shaking her hips, dancing to the music that was coming from the ear buds that were placed in her ears.

I wasn't sure how long I had been standing here, thinking of a way to get her attention without being rude. I jumped as her eyes open and she ripped the ear buds out of both of her ears, her eyes narrowing as she looks at me.

"Do you need something?" She asks, she has a thick french accent.

As she glares at me I take a moment to look at her. Her eyes are a grayish color and her cheeks bones are high. She is wearing a pair of dark blue sweatpants and a tight white shirt.

"I'm your new roommate." I tell her, waving the papers that are in my hand, they clearly stated that I was assigned to this room.

Her eyes widen and she whips around, looking at the alarm clock that on the night stand next to the middle bed.

The room is set up with a bed on the two side walls with one in the middle. Each bed had a night stand, the one on the far left was empty, the same as the bed, letting me know that was my bed.

There were three dressers, one for each bed. The walls were a pale yellow, making it seem brighter than it really was. The bed on the right wall was surrounded by  different shades of pink and had a pile of clothes sitting on the foot of it. The middle bed had black and white sheets and the wall behind it was covered in different band posters.

"It's 12 already." The girl states, reaching into her pocket and pulling out her ipod, tossing it on the middle bed after turning the music off.

             "Yeah." I nodd, not sure what else to say.

             "I've seem to have forgotten my manners." The girl steps foreword, smiling. "I'm Nava Chennel Depree." She offers her hand and I stare at it for a moment before reaching out and shaking her hand.

"I'm Danielle Sparks." I smile, tightening my grip on the papers I had in my hand.  

When my mom had shoved the papers into my hands, saying it was time for her to go, I had held them this tightly but as soon as I realized that people would think weirdly of me as if I stiffly walked around clutching a packet of papers, so I loosened my grip and avoided  the looks of people as I searched for the right building.

"Hey! Nava, can you grab my hair brush."

A short girl with black hair and big brown eyes comes running out of a door on the right wall, that due to the fact that she has a towel tightly wrapped around her body and her hair is wrapped up turban style, is that bathroom. The girl gasps as she sees me.

             "Er. I'll be right back." The girl darts over to the pink covered side of the room, grabbing the clothes off the end of it and running back to the bathroom after taking the brush from Nava.

Nava turns to me. "That bed over there is yours" She nodds over to the empty bed. "And this dresser is yours." She walks over to the only dresser that has nothing on it, the other two have things like perfume and picture frames sitting on top of them.

 "Thanks."

I push my suit case containing my clothes over to the dresser. I take the other one, which had my bed spread and my health products in it, and set it on the bed.

  "Okay. Sorry about that."

The other girl comes running out of the bathroom, this time she is fully dressed and her hair is brushed.

"I'm Bella."

She offers me her hand and when I put my hand in hers, preparing to shake her hand, she pulls me into a large hug.

"Welcome to St. Braxtons."