chapter 17

After eight months,

I started to work in my old company. i did work into Karan's company that's why my boss gave me promotion. Now, I am working on higher position with higher salary then last.
Everyone gives me respect now. My boss also doesn't talk harshly with me. I knew the reason but I neglect it.

After coming back, my family didn't talk me about my marriage like they will have no problem if I got older without marriage. It seemed they learnt their lesson or they didn't want me to do again mistake like last time.
I am not complaining rather I am satisfied that my family are not curious for my marriage.

I am in contact with Sameera and kavish. We always talked about what's going on into our life.
In the simple words, my life is going on smoothly but I am happy while I should be.
I tried to be happy and satisfied with my current life but I knew from my heart. I am not.

I was working into my office. I was looking an important file and my mobile rang.

I looked the mobile screen. Suddenly, I remembered I had the meeting with him. I accepted the call and greeted with excitement, "hello"
I heard joyfully voice from other side, "Hey, mita, where are you right now? Do you want me to pick you?"
"No... I will meet you in restaurant." I immediately rejected his offer because I didn't want to cause any trouble for both of us.

He laughed from other side, "I know it. Come on time otherwise I will be getting late."
"Ofcourse.... See you later." I told him.
"Bye" he hung up the call and I put my mobile aside and concentrated on complete the work..

After completing, I turned off my laptop, packed my bag and got up. I looked at time. It's closing time that's why I went to my boss cabin.

After knocking, I entered his cabin and told polietly, "Sir I have to go early."
My boss looked at me with smile and said, "ok..."
I smiled back, "thank you sir and good bye."
He smiled again, "Are you going on date, Mita?"
I rolled my eyes inside my head because now, my family gave up on my marriage but my colleagues and my superiors are curious about my marriage or relationship status after I returned back.

I forcefully smiled, "no sir, I am going to see my friend."
"Oh.. you dressed up like it that's why I thought...." He said with disappointment as my relationship is his own business.

I smirked, "Sir, when I will get married, I will inform you first."

He didn't say anything but only smiled and I left his cabin.

I knew today I dressed up differently because I was going to meet Kavish. I worn branded clothes today while I used plain clothes as usual. The reason is I don't want to humiliate him. I knew kavish and Sameera never compliant what I wear  but I don't want any person raises a finger towards them that they have a friend below their status to humiliate them.

I wear plain clothes usually while Sameera gave me a lot of branded clothes and stuffs but they are only for decoration in wardrobe or Richa and I use its on occasions.

I don't want to show off by using branded clothes. If I use branded clothes usually, everyone thought I became arrogant because I lived in rich family for some times. There are rumours about me in my society and office towards me after I returned but should I care? Nobody say anything in front of me that's why I ignored every rumours but I am alert for any trouble. Because I didn't want my family suffer because of me.

I left office, took auto and reached the restaurant. When I entered, I searched and my eyes spotted on him. He was drinking water with calmness.
Naturally, a smile came on my lips to look him. I went to his table, put my handbag aside on table and asked while sitting, "Do you come early?"
He looked at me and smiled, "no... You are late."
I laughed and made an excuse without any shame, "It's not my fault... It's traffic jam." I grabbed glass and water bottle and poured water into glass and gulped.
He laughed, "you became a good lair as time passing."
After finishing the water, I commented, "I am learning from you."
He made expression like hurt, "you are hurting me." I only laughed and called waiter with my hand.
He came and asked for order. I told to waiter, "one plate dosa." And looked at kavish, "what do you want? I am starving."
He smiled polietly and told waiter, "one more plate for me too."
When the waiter left, kavish said me, "do you think I am not starving?"
I laughed and nodded.
After few minutes, he asked seriously, "Are you coming?"
I knew what he was asking that's why I sighed and told him truth, "I don't know. I didn't decide till yet."