Chapter 13

It was evening time and we reached at the venue for celebrating his birthday. All of us were glad after all it was our important day. Karan was looking dashing in his black colour suit while I worn red colour dress which was on my thigh. It had some embroidery on its top while back and lower was simple. Sameera worn saree. I also wanted to wear it but she said next time. And we didn't want to copy each other that's why I agreed.
Their parents wanted to come but because of some work they could not. They wished him on video call. I also met them via video call. I was nervous before video calling. But they talked to me nicely. I didn't feel that I met them first time.

After cake cutting ceremony, every guests wished him. Karan and I did couple dance. We enjoyed our dance. Actually, I didn't do before that's why sameera taught me. He was looking happy that's why I was. It seemed that my life couldn't better than it. After dancing, He introduced me as his girlfriend to everyone. It was a great party. Sameera was busy to her friends and others while Karan didn't leave my side. When I felt that I used washroom, I told to him and went to washroom.
I finished my work and corrected my makeup and lipstick. From last months, I learnt many things from sameera like how to do makeup.. how to talk and behave around others. She was nice and really great.
I came out from the washroom. Now, I had to find sameera and Karan. I saw Karan. He was going somewhere in hurry. I called out his name but he didn't hear me. May be, because of music. That's why I decided to follow him. He met someone outside. I heard his cold voice, "What are you doing here?" I knew he is cold and meany for outsiders. But for me and his family, he is warm and loving. I thought it might be his work related. That's why I decided to leave. As I took my steps towards the inside, I stopped to hear someone male voice, "wish you happy birthday boss. It's for you." He gave Karan a bouquet which Karan took from that person. I recalled where I heard that voice. No, he can't be him. I had mistaken. I was trying to convince myself but my brain was denying it. Then I looked at that man's face. It looked like a saw ghost. No, I rubbed my eyes with my fingers and looked again. He was standing there. It seemed I saw something horror. Even, I couldn't hear what they were talking. When Karan decided to go inside, I hid as he could not see me. I was shaking and sweating. I felt someone hand on my shoulder. I jumped with horror and looked at that person. It was kavish. I joked, "are you spying on your boyfriend?" I was glaring him with scared. He noticed and asked with concern, "What happened? Why are you sweating so much? Are you alright?" I didn't reply him. He put his arm on my shoulder and pushed me towards inside, "let's go inside."
I asked him, "Who was that man with him?" Because I knew he also saw Karan and that person.
He tried to comfort me, "Let's go inside first. Then we will talk."
"I don't want to go inside." I told him assured.
He understood it. We sat inside his car and he gave me water bottle to drink. I was shaking and taking heavy breath. I tried to clam myself but it's useless. I tried to drink carefully but I spill some drops on myself. He gave me tissue to wipe. I took it and asked him again, "you didn't answer me."
He looked at me and told, "he worked for Karan. Why?"
No, it couldn't be true. It was only my assumption. May be, different type of work. Yeah, it's true. I wanted to confirm, "what type of work?"
He asked me with concern, "why are you asking it this time? Let's go inside now. Otherwise they will be worried. We can talk about it later."
I almost yelled, "No, I want to know now. Tell me, What type of work?"
He thought for some minutes then sighed, "ok, let's go somewhere else."
I nodded. He asked, "what about my house?" I nodded. I didn't want to go back that's why anywhere else was fine for me. He started the engine. My heart was racing fast. There were useless thoughts running into my mind. I didn't want to believe any possibility but my mind was giving warning. I came out my senses when I heard mobile ringtone. His phone was putting in front of car. He was looking at me because it screen was showing sameera name.
I looked other side. He took a deep breath and received the call. He put it on speaker. He said with normal voice, "hey Sameera."
I heard her concerned voice, "kavish, did you see Natasha? Her mobile is here but she is nowhere. Karan and I looked her everywhere. He is worried for her."
Kavish looked at me and opened his mouth, "is Karan near you?"
She denied, "no, he is looking other side."
"She is with me. She is not feeling well that's why I take her to hospital." Kavish handled the situation.
"What? What happened to her? Where are you? I am coming." She said nonchalantly. I knew she was worried for me but I was in situation to think about anything. I was feeling guilty towards her but I couldn't do anything about it.
He denied, "sameera, listen to me. There are a lot of guests in the party. You and Karan have to handle them. I am with her that's why don't worry. I will call you. And don't tell to Karan about her. You know him very well. Do you understand me?"
There were a silence for some seconds, then she responded, "okay... But call me."
"Ofcourse" he cut the call. I took a relax breath. I wanted to thanked him but my throat was not with me.
After few minutes, he stopped the car engine. He told, "it's my house." I only nodded.
His house was like Karan's house. It was interior from inside. We came inside. He rubbed his hands, "do you want to take something?"
I refused, "I want to know now."
He tried to smile, "first take some relax. You are not looking well."
"I don't care."
He sighed, "it will be better if Karan tells you."
I stood up and took deep breath, "Are you kidding with me? Tell me what type of work do that man for Karan? I want to know now. I want to know if I am thinking wrong. Please tell me."
He asked with hesitation, "why do you wanna know?"
I told him nonchalantly, "because I saw him to killing someone for his boss."
He was looking at me like I had two heads, "what did you say?"
"You heard right. Did you heard the murder into under construction building few months ago? Do you remember it was the huge gossip topic on media? What do you know about it?"
He gave response after few minutes, "yeah, I remember. The police found a death body on that building. They got a call from victim number but they didn't take it seriously. After that, they investigated it but they didn't find anything."
I was almost crying, "I saw him to kill that person. It is worst nightmare of my life. I couldn't sleep many nights to remember it. Do you know who I am and which family do I belong? I never forgot anything. I remember everything. I belong to a middle class family. We have to teach from childhood that we should scarifies for others. We scarifice ourselves, our love, even our career for our family hapiness. We scarifice gladly our happiness for others. We don't hurt anyone. If we hurt to anyone by mistake, we will be in guilt till that person doesn't forgive us. Do you know who I am? I suffered a lot from my childhood. I was rejected by many guys. It was not that I was in grieves because they rejected me. But my family think it's my mistake that they rejected me. They always blamed me for everything. It is not that they don't love me. They love me but they say it for my happiness and for my better future. But I can't change my value for anyone. Even my career life was not good. I worked hard but my boss never appreciated me. I was only doing work. I know I deserved better but I couldn't change myself. I was in frustration. I came in this city to change my life, to spend sometime alone. I thought when I leave this city, I would be happy. I would be better person. But I never thought it happened. It was day when I came in this city. The hotel canteen was closed because of late night. I was coming back from resturant. When I heard someone screaming. I ignored but I heard again. I followed them. They killed him in front of me. I never thought that I will ever witness it. I tried to help me. They saw me. I ran from there but they followed me. I was not running for me but my family. I heard that they killed family first. That's why if they find me, they will hurt my family. I hit by the car. When I woke up into hospital, I was thinking my family, not me. I lied that I don't remember who I am because I thought if murderers were searching for me, they will hear that I don't remember anything. They would leave me alone. Police would search my family and I would return without any problem. But everything messed up. Sameera took me here and everything happened without my thinking.
I was going to tell him truth after today.
But now tell me what should I do?" I sat on the floor and crying. I put my family into dangerous.
He came close to me and patted my back, "it's ok Natasha. Please keep clam first."
I didn't know till when I cried. When my tears dried.
He opened his mouth, "I know that I shouldn't say it but in that business, he is right. He has to do it."
I looked at him with anger, "Are you defending him? I can't believe it. You don't like him. Then why are you defending him?"
He sighed, "I am not defending him. I also against it. Our relationship is not good term because of it. But after all, he is my cousin." He tried to smile but I understood what he was trying to tell me.
After few minutes, he asked with curiosity, "so what's your real name?"
I tried to smile but I failed, "Mita"
He nodded, "ok so Mita. Don't worry. Give me some time. I will find a solution so soon."
I looked at him with wondering, "why would you help me when he is your cousin?"
He smiled, "I told you it's the reason that's why I don't like him. I also don't think he is doing right."
I nodded. He told, "I need to call Sameera otherwise they would be worried."
He talked her and told me, "let's go. They already reach at the house."
I denied, "I don't want to go now. I need time to think."
He tried to convince me, "Nat... Sorry Mita, don't be childish. If you do anything now, he will suspect. It's hard to handle. Try to understand. Be normal and live like you do. I will definitely find a way."
I sad with sadness, "but I don't want to go there."
"You have to do it. You can do it for your family." As he mentioned my family, I nodded.
"But I am scared to go there." I told him truth.
He put his hand on my hand, "do remember that he doesn't know anything. Only you know that's why do what you do." I nodded. He was right. I had to do it. I hoped I could do it.