Chapter 6

I was in sameera room. She told me that Karan owns company but I never asked anything about his business. And she didn't tell me more. But now, I was going to do job into his company. I was urge to know. I asked her, "so what type of business his company does?"
"We do business into my field.... just like investment, retail, real state... And blah blah.... Why don't you ask him rather than me?"
I made my face, "I feel uncomfortable around him."
"Why?" She asked with confusion, "now you are in relationship."
"It's the main reason. I don't know why he likes me." As I said, she laughed.
"Are you silly or naive? He cares you and likes you. I never saw him like it before." She stopped to think and after some moments, she said again, "I think it's a best to you to join the company. You will see how much my brother is famous among girls. Then you will know how much you are lucky."
I already saw it in the party that day. I didn't need to see more. I felt that I was in trap and I didn't know how to cove it. But I hope time will be solution my all problem. I smiled and made her remember, "I am not here to know about your brother. I am here to know about what type of stream I should join."
"Why don't you go tomorrow and visit the company? You can join any section in which you feel comfortable. After all, you are company boss' girlfriend. I can't help you more but I can tell you one thing. Don't join finance department."
"Why?" I asked in amusement. Because I am good in finance. I was only pretending to not know anything because I lied to them. In the end, I was going to join finance department.
She was looking tensed, "the finance manager doesn't like to Karan. They have a long story. I will tell you later. But the long story is into short. If you join that department, nobody can help you, even my brother and me." I wanted to know more. But as I opened my mouth, I heard the knocked on the door.
It was not locked from inside that's why I saw Karan who opened the door and asked me, "what are you doing here? It's so late. You don't have to sleep."
I rolled my eyes and looked at sameera. She smiled and waved towards, "good night. See you at early morning."
I nodded and waved my hand. She smiled. I followed to karan. We entered into room and he locked the door from inside. He let me sit on the bed and sat beside me. He took my hand into his hand, "Natasha, what happened? You are looking happy. If you don't want to join the company, you don't need it. I thought..." I cut him off, "it's not like that I want to join. I am happy."
He looked at me and asked with suspicious, "then what are you doing into her room?"
"We were talking about something." As I explained, he raised his eyebrows. I smiled because I knew I had to tell him truth, "fine, I wanted to know about your company. How can I decide what to do unless I don't know?"
He smiled, "you don't need to take any stress. This job is for only your time pass. First, you visit the company, after that you can decide. Understood?"
I nodded but I was thinking otherwise.
He continued, "now, let's go to sleep. And next time, if you want to know anything, you can ask me anything."
I nodded and smiled. Actually, I was not use to take care of me so much. That's why I was feeling awkward. Sometimes, I was suspicious why they care me so much. I know they are not bad but it's human nature and I can't help it.
I mean before one month, I was a hopeless girl. I was bored from my job, my life. My family was tired from me. I came here to spend some time alone but after one month, I stuck into a huge mansion. I have a wonderful friend and most handsome and rich boyfriend who takes care me a lot. I am not complaining. I mean I was rejected my normal looking guy, even they are belong to middle class family. But now, I have handsome and rich guy. He is dream guy of any girl dream. Even, I don't know what he likes in me. Can you imagine?I don't like myself, but he likes me, why? Forget it because I am tired to think about it. I have no courage to ask him why he likes me. It's better to forget.
*****
The following morning, I woke up from my sleep because of alarm. I looked at alarm click with sleeping gaze. Karan hugged me tightly by my back and asked in sleepy voice, "who did set it?"
"Myself" I told him with slowly. I slowly tried to set myself free from his grip. But he held me tightly and asked, "where are you going?"
I smiled, "you forget. From today, I am going to join your company. I have to get ready."
He opened his eyes and looked at me. When he saw I am serious, he looked at wall clock, "it's only 7 am. Let's sleep some more time."
"No way. Your employees come at sharp 9 am. If I don't get up now, I will get late." I told him seriously.
He looked annoyed, "are you kidding me? First, you are my girlfriend. You don't need to follow any rules. And second, it's your first day that's why you can go to late. Nobody will say you anything."
I put a fake smile on my face, "baby, first, I am your girlfriend outside the company. Inside the company, I am your employees like others. And second, if I got late at first day of my job, nobody takes me seriously. Everybody think I am careless."
He looked at me with shocked. He sat straight on the bed. Actually, he doesn't know me. And he doesn't know how much I am serious to take my job. When I thought, I talk over. I chewed my lips and tried to control the situation, "actually, I wanted to talk about it last night. But I thought it was not right time. As you know, I lost my memory that's why I don't know what type of work I can do. Even, I don't know that I did any job before or not. And more important, I have no my education certificate that's why other company would not give me job. I am very excited for this job and I want to do it on my skills. You are my boyfriend. Nobody can change it. You are protective towards me. But if you show your affection in company, nobody respects me because of my work. Everyone respects me because of your girlfriend but they will gossips behind us. I want they respect me because of my work."
He took a deep breath and asked, "then what do you think what should I do?"
"Don't tell anyone in the company that I am your girlfriend unless it is not necessary." I told him directly.
He gulped and asked, "it means you don't go with me and eat with me?"
I shook my head with no slowly. I was observing his mood. I was nervous but I didn't want to be gossip into my work area. I saw many peoples to make the gossips into work area. I never fond of it and never want to be. Even, I don't like to be gossip with colleague. He is boss imagine how much big it be.
He sighed and said, "ok, I will tell my manager." I know he was not in good mood. But I hugged him cheerfully as I saw in movie. I heard his husky voice, "do you want to be late?" He patted in my back.
I looked at him with confusion. When I understood, I rushed towards the bathroom. I heard his laughing voice. I don't know if he really understood me or not. But he has to understand me. It's a real relationship mean. We are from different world. I don't know if he realized or not. But I know very well. As I was trying to understand his world and his thinking. He also has to understand my thinking. We are sharing room together it's enough for me but be part of gossip. I can't handle it.
During the breakfast, sameera asked me, "why are you in hurry? Eat slowly."
I smiled nervously, "I will be late." Sameera looked at me suspicious then Karan. He was eating slowly. He didn't give any response. Thank God, she realized and didn't say anything. But she gave me looks that talk to you later. I nodded and smiled that okay.
Sameera wanted to me go into car but I refused. I told her that I would take taxi.
Karan was silent. I wanted to hug him and told him, 'don't worry. I can take care of myself.' but I have no courage that's why I shrugged it off from my shoulders and say goodbye both of them and left.

I hired the taxi and told him address. I wanted to take bus but I was doubt if they found it, they will scold me. For me, it's common to go in bus but for them, even taxis are inappropriate. I was nervous because it was my first day. I was expirenced but I couldn't tell them anything. I told Karan to not help me. I don't know how will they behave with me. I mean what will happen if they reject me or his manager don't recognize me. I knew sameera will laugh and Karan will laugh inside his heart. And I will be embrassed. I took that path but I was not confident into me. Should I call sameera for help? I can't take Karan help but I can take sameera help.
I heard the driver voice, "madam, we are at your destination."
I looked at outside. It was huge building. I only saw that type of building from distance. I blinked my eyes many times. Am I at right place or not? I recalled about taxi driver who was looking at me thorough front mirror. I nervously smiled at me and came out from taxi. I paid to him and he left. I was standing in front of building and looking again. I mentally hit myself. I was not dreaming. I took a deep breath and went inside.
Sameera already send me message with whom I have to meet.
I asked in reception, "good morning, can I meet Mr Rajput?"
A receptionist looked at me and smiled, "good morning madam, do you have appointment?"
I smiled, "actually.... Before I could say anything, I heard a male voice from my behind, "Ms Natasha."
I turned back and looked at him. He is handsome and average height. I nodded.
He smiled, "I am Naveen Rajput. Nice to meet you, Madam. Come this way."
I nodded and followed him. As we stopped for lift, he told with smile, "Karan sir already told me about you. Didn't you wait for so long?"
I shook my head with no, "no, I just came here a minute ago."
As lift stopped, we went inside and press the button. We were silent. The lift stopped and we came out from the lift. I was looking surroundings. I only saw this type of office into tv. If my old boss sold ten times of his all property, he couldn't buy this type of company. Just imagine, how would be my old office.
As he was walking, everyone was greeting me. Finally, we reached at his cabin. His secretary bid him who was sitting outside his cabin. She was looking like a model. When his secretary is looking like model, how will be good looking Karan's secretary? I felt jealous but I brush it off. I am here for work, not it. He sat on the side couch and motioned me to sit in front of him.
He smiled, "madam, what do you want to take first?"
I smiled, "no need.... Thank you."
He asked again, "so do you want to tour our company?"
I smiled nervously, "I think there is misunderstanding I am here for job."
He laughed lightly, "I know but I want you to be comfortable."
I told him with hesitate, "I am fine. I don't know if Karan told you or not. Please don't tell anybody that I know him."
"But you are his girlfriend." He asked me with wondering.
I smiled, "yeah it's truth but I don't want anybody knows about it inside the company. And treat me like others. I am uncomfortable if you treat me differently. I have no certificate that's why....."
"I know... Karan sir already told me. I give you some information as you can decide what department do you want to join." He told me.
I smiled, "actually, I already decided."
He raised his eyebrows. I continued, "finance department."
"What?" His face got pale.
I looked at him and asked, "is there any problem?"
"No, but I have to ask Karan sir about it." As he said, I nodded.
He talked on the phone. After some mintues, he came back and said, "ok, give me some time.... I will arrange for you. If you need anything, tell me. Do you want to wait in Karan sir cabin?"
"No, I am fine here if you have no problem." I told him with smile. He nodded and left.
I didn't know what he talked to Karan.
I didn't know why everyone scared of finance department. I know finance is hard to handle anybody and they don't know about my experience. But Karan approved it. It was enough for me. I won't let him disappointed.

I heard my mobile ring tone. I looked at screen. It was sameera. By the way I only knew two people here. I answered the call, "hello."
"Did you reach safe?" She asked with concerned.
I laughed brightly, "ofcourse. I am sitting into Mr Rajput cabin."
I heard she took a relief breath then she asked in anger, "where is he? What is the important work than you?"
"Why are you anger? He is going to arrange for me to join."
"Did you visit the company?... so early."
"No, I can visit after joining."
"It means you decided?"
"Yeah...finance department."
"What? I told you to not. Why did you choose it?" She asked in unbelievable.
"Why? Don't you believe me that I can do it. Mr Rajput asked Karan. He approved it." I told her with disappointment.
"It's not what I mean. I have in believe you. I already told you that it's manager and Karan don't like each other. Wait a minute, Karan approved it. Did you two fight? I was observing that you didn't talk too much at table." She asked.
"It's not like it." I told her what happens early morning. "I think he is angry on me but he didn't say anything. I am so much confused." I told her with annoyed tone.
She laughed, "my brother is like that. Don't worry. He will talk to you soon. I wish you good luck. And tell me everything when you come back."
"Of course." I cut the call.