Tobi

Chapter 22

She was huddled up under a tree. Her body tenser than Itachi had ever seen. What surprised him the most though, was how far away she was from the hideout and where he and Kisame had been.

Yuna was soaked to the bone, though it didn't surprise him as there had been a large down pour not long ago. The ground was still overcome with puddles and mud. But the kyuubi didn't seen to care. Her head was down, her face slightly hidden by her knees.

“Yuna?” He asked, crouching down before her. “How was I supposed to give you extra attention if you weren't there when I came back?” He asked teasingly.

To his disappointment, she didn't even acknowledge he was there, let alone smile. She just stayed there, still as a statue. Her tails fallen lifeless around her, not even really curled around her body. Her ears were drooped, water dripping off their tips.

“Yuna?” He gently tilted her head up, only to realize the kitsune was crying. His eyes went wide as he pulled her to him, trying to comfort her. “No, don't cry. Please don't cry.”

She was silent, but he could feel the way her body shook with each sob. He did his best to try and sooth her, but her crying did not let up.

“Yuna, what's the matter?” He asked, meeting her crimson gaze.

“Akatsuki killed Gaara and Shukaku!” She yelled, surprising the Uchiha after she'd been so quiet. “That's why you didn't want me at the sealing! Cause it kills tailed beast and jinjuriki!”

Itachi gasped as she suddenly hit him, it wasn't all that hard, but the fact that she'd hit him was shock enough. “It killed them! And when you finally catch Naruto You're going to kill us too!” She screamed, pounding her fist against his chest.

He shook his head, catching her arms. “No Yuna.. We're not killing the tailed beast.” He tried to sooth, but she ignored him.

“Yes you are! I can't feel Shukaku anymore!” She snapped, giving him the best demonic death glare she could give him, even with tears in her eyes.

“No, Shukaku has only been resealed. You can't feel him because Leader-sama hasn't summoned him yet.” Itachi reasoned.

The kyuubi frowned a little. “You're still going to seal me away, don't you know what happens when we get sealed away?!” She demanded. “We can't get out unless our container dies! And if Yuna and Kurama get sealed into the same jinjuriki She'll cease to exist! She'll become one with the other part of kyuubi! The part of it that is Yuna dies!”

The Uchiha held her to him, kissing the top of her head. “That's not going to happen.” He promised, rubbing her back. “We're not going to seal you away. Leader-sama wants the other part of Kyuubi.”

The kitsune shook her head. “You don't know that, he could decide that after he get's Naruto he won't need me anymo-!”

The raven cut her off, his lips covering hers in a rough kiss. It was impossible for the crimsonette not to respond to his intimacy, but he pulled away before things could get too heated. “How about this then, even if he does decide that. I won't let him.”

Yuna let out a slightly frustrated sigh, and Itachi was sure her mind was no longer on the sealing, but the man holding her instead. A small smile graced his lips as she kissed him, not wanting to separate from him quite yet.

----------------

Yuna silently walked the halls of the new akatsuki base, memorizing the new maze of tunnels. All the other members had already been in this base before, but this was her first time coming to a base other than the one she'd originally come to.