Only She Can

Chapter 10

Itachi watched, quite amused, as his crimson colored teammate stepped out of the bathroom in their hotel room. They'd reached Kumo just a few hours before the party began, and Yuna had changed into the horrid kimono he'd given her.

Though she now knew why he wanted her to wear the pink one. There must have been something in the fabric that helped him cast a genjutsu to make her look human.

“Couldn't you have done this to one of the others?!” She hissed, tugging a little at the black obi.

Itachi smirked a little, looking her up and down. She didn't sound so animalistic now, and he could tell she felt a little unbalanced on her feet without her nine tails. Her cheeks no longer had her facial markings, and the dark shadows over her eyes were gone. The Uchiha frowned a little looking at the top of her head, he was going to miss her ears for the night.

“I dunno, Yuna-chan looks pretty hot in pink.” Kisame teased from one of the beds.

The girl sent him a pointed look, her eyes bursting to life, Itachi's jutsu hadn't been able to hide that. “Why don't you wear it and seduce the lord in place of this kyuubi then!”

The shark laughed. “Cause you've got the talent for it. Besides, someone has got to keep an open exit route.”

“Kyuubi likes not this mission.” She growled, crossing her arms.

Itachi furrowed his brow. “You're going to have to change your speaking style for tonight, we can't risk blowing your cover.”

The demon frowned, she much enjoyed her use of the third person. “Mah. This ky-... I can handle that for a few hours.” She corrected herself, flipping her hair as if to wave off her old speaking style.

Kisame stared at her for a long moment, before speaking. “Damn, has your voice always been sexy under that childish behavior?”

The red head ignored him, sitting down next to Itachi, on the other bed. “You should go change, we'll have to go soon.”

Itachi chuckled getting up. “Alright, practice talking with Kisame while I'm gone.”

She nodded her head. “Ky- I understand.”

The blue kiri missing-nin smirked, looking at her. “So, wanna tell me what Itachi was doing in your bed this morning?”

“No, this- I rather focus on the mission.” She replied, looking away from him.

“You should talk like this more often.”

She sighed, laying back on her bed. “Mah. That would be too troublesome.” 'And that was how she talked in Konoha,' she added silently to herself.

Yuna frowned, thinking of her past life. Her face contorted as she thought of what she'd done to them and what they'd done to her. Locking her in a cage like an animal, she doubted they did that to anyone else who tried to leave.

She wanted to growl, but it seemed Itachi's stupid technique was blocking her from doing that. She made a mental note to never let him use it again. Her hearing was down and she couldn't walk straight without her tails. Damn Uchiha and his stupid genjutsu.

She rolled onto her side, letting her memories run free. She may not want to remember, but she needed to in order to know why she was attacking them. They had treated her badly for as long as she could remember.

Yuna could only remember the small refuge Sakura's house had given her, but that was it, everywhere else she was in danger one way or another. Even Ibiki's home hadn't been secure. One the days he was gone, she'd still gotten attacked on her way to and from it.