9. Home sweet cave

ASHLEE'S POV:

Apart from the smell this place wasn't too bad, definitely a cool hang out place. There was a fountain in the middle with a couple of chairs and a couch scattered around. There was a bed off to the side which Star made her way towards. The girls and I chose to squeeze onto the couch together. David was sharing the story about this place, it used to be a resort that was unfortunately built on a fault line and when the hurricane hit well that's how it ended up how it was now. I caught Marko out of the corner of my eye with a pigeon on his shoulder, this boy was one different kid.

"Marko, food" David instructed looking at Marko. With that he walked back out to god knows where, hopefully he brings something good back. I prayed for my favourite, burgers!

"Appetiser?" David offered us a joint, there was no way in hell we were going to turn that down. Quickly grabbing it off of David, Alice lit it inhaling. As she exhaled I quickly snatched it off of her, the sweet smoke filling my lungs, igniting the feeling from the start of the night. Reah was in deep conversation with Paul while Alice and I chatted.

"You know, I really wish you and Reah could stay" a hint of sadness in my voice. Alice grabbed my hand, "Don't worry hun, we will be back before you know it. We were going to surprise you but I can't wait. Reah and I have been looking at transferring, she really wants to go to college here and I've been working on my handmade clothing and I think I could make a killing here" Alice smiled. "I think anyone can make a killing here" I laughed. "So don't get too sad and depressed on me just yet, by the time we sort our shit out we will be back before you know it" she hugged me, a sense of clam washing over me.

You could smell the food before he even walked in, "Feeding time, come and get it boys" Marko chimed. Mmmm Chinese food, luckily my second favourite food, nothing can beat a good cheeseburger though. "Not what you were hoping for" Reah elbowed me laughing. I shot her my best side eye laughing as well as we all started eating.

"How're those maggots?" David questioned Michael. Confusion washed over my face, as I'm sure it did for the girls as well, the boys however laughed. "What?" Michael looked as confused as me. "Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots. How do they taste?" David snickered. I could see Mike looking at his rice, throwing it to the ground. "What about some noodles?" David asked. "Those are worms" Mike rolled his eyes. "What do you mean they're worms" David said putting the noodles in his mouth. Handing the carton to Mike you could see they were just noodles. I have no idea what these guys are playing at but two can play at this game. "I wonder if they taste as good as Paul's roaches?" I questioned. Dabbling in black magic, not only could I trick people into seeing an altered reality, I could also make them feel it and even taste it. "What?" Paul asked biting down into his food, which was now a carton of roaches. "Ugh yuck, that's so fucking gross" He yelled throwing the carton all over the floor. The girls and I erupted into cackling messes, the boys and Star each shared the same look of confusion we had held before. Mike knew what I was doing, since I had showed him a couple of times a few years back.

DAVID'S POV:

What the fuck was that man, Paul was clearly pissed

I have no idea man, what are these girls? Dwayne was as confused as the rest of us.

Are they like us? Marko questioned

I don't know boys but they're definitely different, I stated.

Beckoning Marko over I asked him to grab the bottle, eyeing Michael and the girls up.

ASHLEE'S POV:

David was whispering to Marko about something none of us could hear but he stared intensely at Michael and us. A sea of uneasiness washed over my body. I wasn't sure I wanted to stay and find out what was going to happen and quite frankly my body was aching for the comfort of my bed, I could tell the girls were feeling the same way. As Marko made his way back holding a wine bottle adorned with jewels I stood making my way to the entrance of the cave, the girls taking my cue and joining me.

"Well sorry to be a Debbie downer and rain on your parade boys but I think it's time we headed back. These girls have a long trip back to Phoenix tomorrow. Mike are you coming?" I asked my brother. "Uh, I think I'll stay sis, I'll see you back at home" He said while looking between me, Star and David. "Okay Mikey, don't do anything I wouldn't do" I winked at him and smirked at the rest of the boys. Sharing one last glance with Marko I left, following the girls back to the boardwalk to find Alice's car.