4. Sad News

ASHLEE'S POV:

I don't know how long I slept but I couldn't help but think about those guys and their bikes. They seemed different to everyone else in Santa Carla, and I'd be lying if I said they didn't intrigue me.

Alice and Reah were still passed out in the bed as I descended the stairs, still dressed in my pjs, I could smell the bacon and sweet pancakes cooking.

"Mmmm mom that smells soooo good!" I smiled as the smell filled the kitchen.

"Ash!" Sammy yelled as he crashed into me hugging me as tight as he could. I laughed as I looked at my little brother, he always has been my favourite! "Morning sis, how's the head?" Mike asked. "Pretty good actually, don't know about the other guy though" I laughed quietly, making sure mom didn't hear.  "Ooh Lucy this smells so good" Reah chimes as she enters the kitchen, followed by a sleepy Alice.

We all sit at the kitchen table, enjoying the taste of mom's famous pancakes and bacon. She's definitely a better cook than dad, actually she's better at everything compared to him. I've slowly come to realise that mom has been the only one who actually cared about us and I'm glad she divorced dad and I'm glad I chose to move here with her and my brothers.

The sound of the phone ringing startles all of us. "Hello Emerson residence, Lucy speaking, how can I help?" Mom always sounds so formal on the phone, it's weird. "Alice it's your mom dear, sounds important" Alice grabs the phone off mom and starts talking, we all get back to eating our breakfast while she's on the phone. "Well Reah, looks like our trip has been cut very short. We have to head back tomorrow morning apparently they need me back at work" Alice told her sister rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Ugh that is so annoying! Well let's make the most of your last night and we will have to plan another catch up!" I said as I hugged my girls.

Finishing our breakfast everything felt a bit sad, I didn't want Alice and Reah to go home but they had to, I know I'll see them again but it still sucked. Chucking on my favourite pair of flares and getting into Alice's car we left grandpas.

We made our way down to the boardwalk to check out the stores and maybe buy some outfits for tonight, even though I had an idea of what I wanted to wear

We made our way down to the boardwalk to check out the stores and maybe buy some outfits for tonight, even though I had an idea of what I wanted to wear. I scanned around to see if I could catch a glimpse of the biker guys from last night but I couldn't see them anywhere, shrugging it off I followed the girls around looking at the different clothes on the various racks.

"Hey Alice you should so get this!" I smiled as I showed her a leather jacket that had buckles adorning the sleeves. She gasped and grabbed it trying it on, "How do I look girls?" "Like a witchy woman" Reah and I both said in unison. Laughing we exited the store and grabbed a bite to eat. Sitting on the beach we talked about our plans for the next year. Traveling around the world has always been on our joint bucket list and we were determined to do it next year.

It was about 2pm when we headed back home making plans to get ready for the night ahead of us, if this was going to be Reah and Alice's last night here for a while we needed to go out with a bang!