CHAPTER THIRTY

L O R E N Z O

I'd been fascinated with the game of chess for as long as I could remember. There were a lot of strategies for something that was supposedly just a board game, however, I found that chess was a lot more than a game. It was the very principle I'd based my daily handlings on. However, over the past few months, my walls had slowly started coming down, and while I knew who the blame lied with, I couldn't bring myself to do anything about it.

Andrea was very well on the way to becoming the bane of my existence, and that was only because I was seemingly helpless when it came to her. What had once started as a mere fascination seemed to have developed deep, sinister roots inside my soul. It was like slow poison, you could never know when you'd been afflicted with the hell of it, only when it made itself visible, and it was time to die. Because that's what Andrea was, my death sentence.

She was no longer just a rival in the sheets, I knew it has started to become more than just a hunger to have her near because if it was just that? I wouldn't have given a shit, nor would I be having these tumultuous thoughts. My devils had always made any emotions I might've had run away and cover in fear, and my vision had always been filled with red, potential distrust for any person I'd meet, however, when I was close to hear, so close that our heartbeats synchronized, it fucking chased those devils away.

It had started seeming like I was at war with myself over a forbearance that wasn't even mine. Andrea was not like me. She might've been born in blood, but she wasn't a part of this world. She was too soft, and me? I was a bastard when it came to things I wanted. I knew she was one of those people who saw castles floating on water when they faded off to sleep.

I, however, belonged to the hunters, and hunters could become prey in the snap of a finger if a mistake was made. And that is why I knew she wanted more from me, I could tell that with her lingering gaze, but what she didn't realize yet was I showed in any way that I cared for her more than a pawn in my elaborate game of chess, all hell would break loose.

I needed her out of my head, however, that seemed to be a little impossible to do when I was burying my cock in her every chance I could get. That was also why I was here in Boston for the last couple of days, to clear my fucking head, and because I had some business to deal with. I'd managed to accomplish the latter, but the former? I was beginning to think that was an impossible situation.

I wanted her. However, I didn't want to be a slave to the desire she evoked in me. I needed her, but I didn't want to. And that was also why I fucking hated her sometimes. These counterfeit emotions were doing my goddamn head in, and I needed them gone for what would be coming soon.

Cillian Murphy and his new protege--Carlo-- were upto something, I knew it like the back of my hand, however, the streets had been particularly unaware of their sinister plans, and no amount of torture of killing would get me my answers. So, I suppose it was now a waiting game, and I would have to head back to NYC to face my wife, who'd been very insistent with calling me, but so far, in the last week, I'd only been free to just talk to her twice. Her frantic voice had made it clear that something was wrong, but I wouldn't be able to figure that out until I was back home later this evening. Yet, I couldn't deny the incessant urge to weed out whoever the fuck hurt her and to skin them alive, but I suppose I'd have to keep my homicidal tendencies in check. Wouldn't want to scare my wife away even though I knew if she was the kind that ran off scared she would've at least attempted it once after I told her I'd killed her father. Or maybe she was just biding her time...

The place touched down in New York sometime past midnight, and even though I wasn't tired, I was beginning to think I needed to clear my head because there was so much going on that I was having a hard time figuring out which lead was worth chasing and what was merely a hoax. I ran my hand through my hair, nodding at one of my men as he opened the sedan's door for me and I sat in the back.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 - 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐘𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝟏𝟖+ 🎉