Chapter 13: Hawk Moth

Dark. Everything was dark. I could feel myself in the corner of a room. I picked myself up and stayed close to the wall.

"Seems Ladybug and Cat Noir have offered me a new miraculous to play with." An ominous voice said. Ahead of me, light came flooding in through an opening window. Standing in front of it was a tall, dark figure with a bunch of white butterflies flying around them.

Crap.

"Hawk Moth.." I growled. He laughed evilly.

"Correct, and who this scared little girl in the superhero costume?" He asked. I opened my mouth to spit an insult at him, but he raised a hand.

"I don't care to know. All I need from you is that miraculous!"

"You're not getting anything except for a black eye." I looked around angrily. "Where are the people she made disappear?"

"Oh? I gave meaning to those useless fool's lives and sent them to capture Ladybug and Cat Noir. Don't worry. You'll be reunited soon." This was getting out of hand. Ladybug needed me to help against Olympia. Now Hawk Moth has two others on the move. And here I was trapped in a room with him.

I tried to see his face, but he was turned away from the light. There was no way to tell what he looked like due to the shadow casted over him.

"You won't win."

"Haven't I already?" He said motioning towards me. My blood boiled. I pulled the whip from my waist and slapped it in his direction without thinking. It made contact with his face.

Hawk Moth stumbled back and groaned in pain, not expecting my sudden move. He was down on one knee, holding the side of his face.

"Why, you-!" There was a bright pink flash and I was lifted off my feet by a magical flush of ladybugs. For a split second I caught a glimpse of his face. I could see rage in his eyes. They were engraved into my brain. Hawk Moth's eyes.

I stumbled forward and fell into a pair of arms on the top of the roof I was on before. I looked up and saw Cat Noir. He had worry written all over his face. He helped me stand and then took a few steps back. Olympia was gone, along with Ladybug.

"I saw him. I saw him!" I said panicked. Ladybug swung in and ran up beside me.

"It's okay. Everyone's safe now." She laid a hand on my shoulder to reassure me. I turned to her, not listening.

"I- I used my whip on him, Hawk Moth, and I thought I was dead. You saved me. You saved everyone. I'm sorry. I wasn't any help." Guilt was flooding my entire body. A horrible feeling. Ladybug and Cat Noir exchanged a worried glance.

"Because of you we were able to finally get her. You helped me and Cat Noir so much. We were lucky to have you. I'm lucky I could count on you." Ladybug said sincerely. I couldn't smile much, but it did make me feel better. Still, I was now a huge target with the tiger miraculous.

"Roaar, stripes off." I detransformed and the little kwami appeared in front of me. I heard an audible gasp from Cat Noir.

"You are very brave, Y/N. You're a true hero!" Roaar said flying around me. I laughed.

"Maybe next time we can explore my special power."

"Hopefully, there won't be a need for a next time, but if there is then I'd be happy to be paired up with you again." The kwami smiled at my response. I slipped off the miraculous and handed it to Ladybug. She smiled at me and I felt all the tension between us dissipate.

"Y/N? You were her the whole time?!" Cat Noir questioned. Ladybug and I groaned in annoyance.

"I better get this miraculous to it's safe place. You two should get home. And about what you saw, we need to meet up soon to discuss it." Ladybug held the miraculous close and hesitated before taking off. "Thank you, Y/N."