Chapter 20: Truth

**A/N: This chapter will be told in Third Person P.O.V. Thank you for reading!

ver·​i·​ty | \ ˈver-ə-tē  \
Definition of Verity:
The quality or state of being truthful or honest

***

Y/N was a drone. She was long gone, replaced with an evil version herself. She stood in the empty locker room, listening to Hawk Moth fill her brain with negativity.

Physically, Y/N hadn't changed. She had no villainous get up, no detectable ounce of evil. As if there were no akuma hiding in her possession.

Deception. Y/N, or as she was now called, Verity, was hiding the truth of her akumatization like how she believed everyone else was hiding the truth from her. Trustworthy on the outside, liars on the inside. She was evil in plain sight. And only one person knew so far.

"Y/N..? Miss Bustier sent me to find you.." Alya said, cautiously peeking into the room. After noticing Verity's normal appearance of Y/N, she smiled.

"I knew you were fi-!"

"Alya Césaire, why are you really here?" Verity questioned, looking Alya dead in the eyes. Verity's eyes were glowing bright yellow. Alya dropped to her knees, staring into her eyes, and submitting completely. Verity placed her fingertips on the brunette, forcing the truth out from within her.

"Adrien. He warned the class of danger. I had to see for myself." Alya admitted, her voice monotone and forced. Verity gritted her teeth.

"The truth always comes out, eventually, but now the liars must be punished!" Verity pressed her hand down on Alya and she fell to the floor unconscious, turning completely gray.

"Good. Get rid of those who stand in your way with lies. Find Ladybug and Cat Noir and force them to tell the truth!" Hawk Moth spoke in Verity's mind. She smirked.

"Already on it." Verity made her way out the room, forcing people who tried to stop her to drop like flies. Their grey bodies laid unconscious behind her.

"Y/N, I'm truly sorry for everything I've ever done or said to you! Don't hurt me!" Chloé cried desperately. Verity stared into the Chloé's eyes, enjoying as the bully fell to her knees in submission.

"Chloé Bourgeois, do you really mean that?" Verity touched Chloé's forehead, tapping into her mind.

"No, I'm afraid and rather you take Sabrina instead of me." Chloé forcefully spit out. Verity laughed.

"Pathetic." With one push of her hand, Verity made Chloé collapse and turn the color of ash.

Verity ran out the school, pretending to cry for help, seeming like a helpless teenager. A police officer approached her, trying to calm her down.

"What seems to be the problem?" He asked, assessing the situation. She looked him in the eyes slowly and forced him to his knees.

"It's so easy to believe a lie. Isn't it?" Verity smiled evilly at her new victim. From behind, an object came flying at her, knocking Verity over.

"You fight for the truth, yet wear an innocent face as a mask to hide your own lies!" Cat Noir called out angrily.

Verity turned to look at the hero, but as she tried to force her yellow eyes on him, a pang in her heart caused her to stop. Gripping her chest, she growled.