Chapter 6: Adrien's House

My favorite thing about school is seeing my friends. They brighten up my day. I entered the class and waved at everyone as I made my way to my seat. Chloe made a face at me, then swatted Sabrina's hand down as she meekly waved back.

Everyone brightened up my day, except Chloe.

I placed my bag on the table and began rummaging through my stuff for my notebook. Class hadn't started yet and I was early. A pencil tapped my table and then I heard someone clear their throat.

"Nice pin. Cats are pretty cool."

"Oh, hey Adrien! Wowww, you're speaking to me. In front of your lady friend over there." I nodded my head in the direction of Chloe, who was in disbelief that Adrien was standing before me. He sighed and slid into the seat next to me.

"She's not as bad as she seems once you really get to know her. She's just like us." He said. My eyes almost burst out of skull listening to him.

"Are we talking about the same person?" We both laughed and I saw another person watching us: Marinette.

Her face was red, angry and confused. I saw her hands clench as she forced a smile when I waved at her. She took a seat and I continued talking to Adrien. She kept turning around to peek at us. Class was starting soon.

Alya walked in and looked at Marinette. Then looked at Adrien's empty seat, then scanned the classroom until her eyes landed on me. She waved at me and I waved back. I saw her chuckle under her breath and say something to Marinette, causing Marinette to flail her arms about. Alya commented again and Marinette immediately stopped.

Adrien smiled at me and stood up. His eyes went to my little cat pin once again. He squeezed my hand and my heart did a flip.

"I should get to my seat. I'd sit back here if I could, but I don't wanna see Chloe blow a fuse." He gave me his sweet smile and laugh before making his way down. 'Or Marinette...' I thought to myself.

Thinking over things, I'd talked plenty more to Adrien than I've ever seen Marinette talk to him. I felt terrible knowing that she had a crush on him, but some part of me didn't care at all.

"Okay class, let's begin!" Miss Bustier beamed. I shrugged and rested my head on my hand. Crushes suck.
*End of School*
"Y/N! Wait up!" I turned and saw Adrien rushing over to me. I looked to the street and saw his bodyguard and dad's assistant, Nathalie, waiting for him. She tapped her watch.

"Hey," He said quickly. "Do you want to come over to my place and do some homework or something?" Me? At Adrien's house? I looked at Nathalie unsure. Adrien followed my gaze and squeezed my shoulders in reassurance. He walked over to Nathalie and began speaking to her. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I could tell it wasn't working out for Adrien.

Nathalie shook her head and pointed at the tablet in her hand. Adrien looked like he was explaining more. Nathalie sighed and looked at me. She straightened her glasses then nodded her head once.

Adrien turned to me and motioned for me for come over. I approached the small group and introduced myself.

"Hello, I'm Y/N. I'm a classmate and friend of Adrien's." Nathalie wrote something down in her tablet and moved away from the car door, allowing Adrien and me inside. This is gonna be one awkward car ride.
*At Adrien's House*
"Woah, this place is huge!" I said in awe of Adrien's house. "Now I feel bad about when you saw my ho-" Adrien nudged me in the side and made a face that said to keep quiet about the night he snuck out. I looked over at Nathalie, who looked like she wasn't paying attention, but really was and she was waiting for me to finish my sentence.