Butterscotch

Meg Kataoka was a lot like a mother hen of 3-E. She knew when they were sad, or when something happened. After all, they had all become a family, subsequently bonding over the shared trauma of the year as well as their shared grief of Koro-sensei.

It wasn't exactly healthy, and neither were their coping mechanisms.

3-E was constantly worked to the bone, especially the ones at gruesome schools like Shiketsu or UA. Nagisa, Denki, and Karma were at UA while Nakamura, Isogai and herself were at Shiketsu. Not to mention the constant missions.

All in all, 3-E was pretty tired.

They hadn't gotten over Koro-sensei's death and refuse to make any direct mention to him, but hey, that was okay with Meg.

What wasn't okay is how tired her classmates are. She remembers when she met Kaminari Denki, or you know, Amber. Meg thought he was arrogant, stunning, but it turned out to be totally different.

Yeah, Denki was stunning, but merely by being Denki not Amber. After Meg had come to Class 3E, she was a bit scared of making connections.

After all, it was her supposed 'friend' that had pushed her into this situation, Meg was allowed to be bitter. But Denki melted those walls, he melted the class' walls.

It was uncanny yet amazing. The rest of the class could only watch in awe. It seemed as if Koro-sensei and Denki were working together. Denki just melted the walls, but it was Koro-sensei that pushed them. Pushed them to become friends, and eventually, family.

And Meg cares for her family. That's why she had to ask; "Denki, are you okay?"

Denki's lips thinned into a line, "I will be."

Meg didn't know how to reply, but her brain quickly through something out while concern twisted in her stomach, "What happened?"

Screw Meg's bleeding heart, but Denki's behaviour was making her instincts activate.

Denki smiled bitterly, "My classmates happened."

Oh. Oh. Denki did talk about the stress his classmates caused him often. Denki was put into a class of amateurs not once, but twice. Of course he's getting tired. But it was mostly Denki's worry that stressed him out, or that's what Meg understood anyway.

"But it's fine," Denki would say on the days that his eyebags seem a bit more prominent, "I can deal with it."

It just made Meg concerned.

"Want a butterscotch?"

But for now, if it made Denki happy, Meg will take the butterscotches. "Sure."

~~~

Kirara Hazama could remember the day she met Kaminari Denki. Denki came off as closed off and cold, much like her. She guessed that that's how they bonded originally.

She also saw that Denki loved reading. When he can't find a book in Japanese, he just reads it in another language. Hazama brushed it off as another Denki quirk, seeing as he was an assassin before coming to the class already.

Although, even when Denki would study up to 12AM with them, fool around with them, and just do things with Class E after a day of training, he wouldn't be tired. That's what set the alarm bells off when Denki showed up to training looking like a train wreck, basically.