chapter 6 ☻

okay, so two things! 1, i dedicaed this chapter to brookejade, because she gave me the inspiration for teagan! 2, this chapterrr is really long!! I also want to give a shout out to nevershoutalex and eyeofthebeholder because they both helped to answer some of my questions!! so i would like to thank them, and thank all of you who are reading this! as always, please  vote, comment, and maybe even fan?

                                    ♥♥♥ paige ♥♥♥

My roommates were sitting on a couch, watching TV. They were on opposite ends, which pretty much summed up how they looked. One was a brunette with a high ponytail, a flawless tanned face, and baby blue eyes. The other had stringy black hair, brown eyes that were impossibly dark, and a pale face. They both were wearing the school uniform, but in different colors. Christa had explained this to me during orientation. Students wore different outfits based on the different groups of power they were in, and the patch on their right breast pocket represented how powerful they were. Christa told me that the better your powers, the more popular you probably will end up. Having good power's at this school was like having good connections in Hollywood. Everybody wanted a piece of you, to be able to brag that they were friends with you. I hadn't gotten my uniform yet, it was in my dresser in my dorm room. But Christa had explained to me what the colors & symbols meant. The brunette had a black and silver skirt on, with a black polo. It meant that her power involved stealth. Her insignia was a silver sun, which meant on a scale of one to ten, she was at about level 6. The black haired girl had a blue and gray plaid skirt on, with a white polo, which meant her powers had something to do with nature, like mine. There was a blue insignia of a lightning bolt on her right breast pocket, which meant her powers were a level 7, which made her slightly more powerful than the brunette. They both smiled, which surprised me, after what Christa said. I looked over to her, and even she looked shocked. The dean was smiling back at them though, and she said, "Girls, meet your new roommate, Marissa. Marissa, this is Teagan, and Gemma" she said as she pointed to the brunette, then the girl with black hair. They kept up their smiles, although I now realized it didn't reach their eyes. They shook hands with me, and the dean said, "I'll leave you girls to get friendly. All your items are in your room Marissa, the second door in."

The dean and Christa left, the door slamming shut behind them. Teagan's eyes narrowed as she looked at me. Gemma sighed, gave teagan a dirty look, and slammed the door for her bed area shut. Teagan said in a sickly sweet, strongly southern voice, "so what's your power Marissa?" her voice wrapped around my name as though she were hiding disgust, and I replied calmly, "I can fly, and control nature." she laughed as she said, "I know that no scum like you would be that powerful, it would make you a level eight." I walked into my room, and she followed, her arms crossed. I opened my dresser and looked at my uniforms. There were two sets of uniforms. One was the same colors as Gemma's had. The other set was the same colors as the sky, with blue, the greyish-white of clouds, and the bright yellow of the sun. They both had a blue star, surrounded by other smaller stars. I smiled at Teagan and said, "You're right. I'm not a level eight. I'm a level ten" she gasped, shrieking, "CRAP," and ran out of the room. I shut the door behind her, and smiled to myself.

I changed into the sky uniform, and sat on the bed and looked at my new room. It had all my trinkets from my old room, and my posters were rolled up on top of the desk. All the furniture was made of dark wood, which was in sharp contrast to the bland white walls that surrounded me. There was a large rectangular window that the desk chair faced, which lead out to the courtyard. When I looked out the window, I saw Teagan talking to somebody, energetically waving her arms. They were sitting on a bench under a tree in a grassier part, maybe five feet away from a beautiful fountain. There were stone pathways leading from each building to the fountain,which then formed one large path, that switched to concrete and led to the rest of the campus, which was just as green and beautiful. A knock on the door stopped me while I was zoning out, and I opened it. Gemma stood in front of me, weakly smiling.