Chapter 9!! ☺

I'm sorry in advance you guys, but ths is completely unedited, i didn't even have spell check to help me this time, i'm sorry if this is bad :/

Black consumed me for what seemed like days. I would sometimes just barely be able to hear somebody talking, but then I would be pulled under again. Eventually, the cycle ended. I heard Christa saying to somebody with a frown in her voice, "Is there any news at all?"

As she said this, something stirred in my memory, but it wouldn't come to the surface. I began to get angry, and tried to open my eyes. Suddenly, the restraints on my muscles disappeared, and they fluttered open. I heard a gasp, and looked to my left. Christa had been sitting on a chair to my left, and I was laying on what looked like a hospital bed. There was a monitor next to me, and I could feel a bandage gracing my forehead. I looked to her in confusion and said, "What happened?" She frowned and said, "You were flying around, and you hit a tree. Teagan saw you and flipped out, but apparently she does have some good in her, because she went straight to the dean, and I only just now managed to force her from your side. She looked like she was blaming herself, but everybody has been promising her she couldn't have stopped you if she had come any sooner, you'd probably have just started flying faster, and had more damage. Do you remember any of it?" I narrowed my eyes, and thought back to yesterday. I remember my classes, I remember going to ms. Crudelis after school, but then I just.. hit a wall. I couldn't get past it, no matter how hard I tried. I shook my head, and Christa frowned. "There's something wrong with their story. I don't know what it is, but it seems off. I was hoping you could help me,"She stated simply, almost too emotionless for her accusation. I looked at her and said, "You can't be serious, Christa. The school has been completely good to me so far, and sure, teagan may be kind of mean, but she wouldn't have done anything to harm me! She probably just has problems." Christa nodded, but muttered under her breath, barely loud enough for me to hear, "Like the fact she's got the dean for a mom..."

I looked at Christa in shock as I said, "They're related?"

she nodded and said, "I'm not sure who I feel worse for about it!"

I grinned and said, "So when can I get out of here?"

"i don't know, I think soon though, because you've been healing really fast..."

I nodded, then realized I'd forgotten to ask Christa something.

"How long have I been here so far?"

she said with a grin, "Long enough for Braden to start visiting"

I smiled and said, "and how long would that be?"

"ummm.... well... its been a week."

I sat bolt upright. I had been unconscious for a week? Was the tree made out of concrete or something?! Christa smiled and shook her head as she said, "No, it was a normal tree, but it was this really huge one, behind the dorms. I can show you it later, if you want."

"why would I want to see a tree that I almost killed myself with?"

She shrugged and stated simply, "Some people like to see things like that"

I nodded slowly, still not understanding what she meant when a nurse came into the room. She smiled widely, creasing the skin around her vibrant blue eyes. "Hello, Marissa. I'm Nurse Longson, I was taking care of you after your, ah.. accident. How are you feeling?"

I smiled and said, "Thank you for taking care of me. I'm okay, but I can't remember anything after final bell."

she knit her eyebrows together and said, "Hmmm I didn't expect short-term memory loss.... We'll still let you out at the approximate date, but it might take a while before you can access those memories....."

I nodded and Christa kept looking at me and jerking her head towards the nurse, mouthing something like the words our side. What the heck was she trying to do this time? Just then, a bell rang and Christa said sadly, "I have to go, it's dinner time...."

I nodded and she said, " I'll be back tomorrow, maybe later if I can manage it, kay?"

"okay"

she smiled at me, and walked out, picking up her bag outside the door as she walked away. Her footsteps echoed, and I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep again.

The next time i woke up, the sun was streaming in through a window, and the wires weren't attached to me anymore, other than the heart monitor. A tray of food was laying on my bedside table, and i grabbed it, since my stomach practically screaming at me to fill it beyond all possibility. The food was kind of gross, but i devoured all of it. It was then that I realized a few people had been standing in the doorway, most likely about to walk in when i scarfed all my food down like a ravenous beast. I smiled at them, and saw Jessica, some of her friends, Braden, Anna, and Christa. Braden was laughing, Jessica and her friends were staring at me open-mouthed, Christa just smiled at me and shook her head, and Anna was awestruck, staring at Braden like a blind man at the sun. I had a feeling that somebody had a liiiittle crush on braden. My stomach twisted at the thought, but i pushed it away. Braden was nice, but just a friend, right now. Liking one of my only guy friends here would probably end badly. I waved at them, and gulped down all my food. I imagined what they probably saw, and immediately had to restrain a laugh. When i ate, i looked like a chipmunk that was raised by wolves. My cheeks puffed with food, and i would somehow manage to force and entire plate into my mouth, usually missing my mouth at LEAST once. Braden pulled me out of my thoughts by saying, "Somebody's hungry, aren't we?"

I nodded and smiled sheepishly, and he laughed. Slowly they all walked into the room, but I noticed that Christa took a spot as far as possible from Jessica. They all were smiling at me, except Anna still. She sort of looked like she was in a dream or something, staring off into spave with that light smile... It was actually kind of entertaining to watch her, since her facial expressions would slowly change as she wandered in her thoughts. Suddenly, she whipped back to reality and stared at me as she said, "You're getting out today! The nurse, Ms. whats-her-name, said that as soon as you woke up and got checked over you could leave!" 

i smiled and said sarcastically, "YAY! more school for me to go through!"

they all smiled, and i sat up and said, "So where's my so-called savior?"

they all looked away uncomfortably and Christa said, "About that.... We got Braden to brrow somebody's power, and  sneak into the security tapes, we weren't really supposed to but we wanted to see.... you might want to wait a bit before we tell you, Marissa."