chapter ten, part 1 ☼

hey guys! i know this chapter is reallllllllly short, but bear with me, i only wrote half of it now because i was out of the country, and didnt have enough time before that. i promise i will send another message out when i add the second half!  

I frowned and said with a sigh, “Just tell me now. Maybe it would help me remember something? It honestly can't be that bad, right?” Christa shook her head and opened her mouth to speak when Braden cut in and told me, “You need to see it to believe it, because its hard to describe.....” I nodded and stood up shakily, my legs feeling weak from my week in bed. Christa grabbed my arm and helped support me, and Braden said, “I'll get the nurse, so that you can get out of this place.” I nodded, and looked to the others. Anna's eyes followed him as he walked out, and I felt the pang in my gut again. I frowned, and walked forward. I looked outside the doorway, and saw a front desk, and main office and a few other rooms that looked like mine. From the way everything looked, the government had spared absolutely no expense on this school. The floors looked like they were marble, and everything was a cool, modern frosted glass. Braden appeared out of the office, and said with a smile, “You're good to go! I'll let you go up to your room and get into your uniform, then meet me in the courtyard, okay?” I nodded, and Christa began to lead me away. Jessica and the other girl's waved goodbye, and I wondered why she had been so quiet while she was there. I frowned, but continued walking, zoning out as I followed Christa to the dorms. I looked down, and finally saw what I had been wearing while in the infirmary. It was a big white nightgown, with a light mint green tint, and it seemed like a hospital gown except for the fact you couldn't see my butt. I walked slowly out of the infirmary, my head swimming from standing up so much after being a vegetable for the past week. I walked up the stairs, and went into my room, bidding Christa goodbye as she said, “I'll meet you by the fountain, then we'll go with Braden to the security room.” I nodded and shut the door, too tired to speak as I went to my room and threw my uniform on. I walked down the hall and stopped at the great room before I left to grab an energy drink. I clicked open the top and downed it, then went downstairs to Christa, greeting her with a bright smile as she said with false excitement in her voice, “Follow me, and don’t attract attention, because we could get expelled- or worse- if we get caught, okay?”

“Okay”

She smiled as I complied, and walked behind the building, twisting and turning around the campus until finally, we reached a building attached to the brick wall that surrounded our school. I felt my energy drink kick in as the Christa knocked three times before the door clicked open, to reveal the smiling face of Braden. I smiled back and he said, “Come on in, quickly, the security guys can only be knocked out for a little while, since I haven't practiced channeling this power much......”

I nodded and we walked in, Christa immediately pressing the playback button on a screen in the far left. I saw it rewind quickly, then she stopped it at the time 4:57. She said without turning around, “listen carefully, this is important” I leaned closer, and saw teagan fly into the screen with me close behind. I gasped as I saw her soaring through the air with such ease. Why didn't I see her in class that day? I frowned but continued to watch as we sparred, and she disappeared in the blink of an eye. I watched as I crumpled to the ground in a heap, and shock set in as I saw the dean strike me on the head, and yell at teagan about 'compromising safety' and how if I found out the truth, I could ruin the school's entire plan for the future. My anger and confusion grew with every word, and my hands balled into fists as I saw the dean give me one last kick in the head before she told teagan to say she found me like this, and created a whole web of lies for her daughter to follow. How could somebody do this? The dean was smiling as she walked away from me, before shifting into my appearance, the exact copy of my wings coming out as she flew away. I stared in astonishment, the image of me flying off replaying in my head a million times in the few seconds before Christa said, “ don't go psycho on us, you look like your about to bust a vein...” I nodded, my jaw still clenched as anger overtook my confusion with all that had happened. As we began to walk out, I heard Braden, who was just turning the corner to go out the door a few feet ahead of us, say faintly, “Oh crap.” I frowned and clenched my fists as we walked forwards to him, hoping that I wouldn’t have to use the small amount of nature that I had managed to tap into. I turned the corner, and saw Braden looking out the peephole in the door. I walked up to it and looked to, and my stomach dropped a thousand feet as I saw the dean and two school guards walking up, about to open the door as they moved their arms animatedly, looking very angry. i couldn't read lips very well, but i could read enough to know that they were very angry about being unconscious.