three

that's jo, natalia tena is her name, imagine her younger mkay

---

the day goes smoothly and everyone i meet is so nice and welcoming. i knew it was a good idea to move school.

but now it's lunchtime and i don't know if anyone who was nice actually wants to be my friend. i finish up at my locker and make my way out to the cafeteria. the place is packed and alive with noise and laughter. i scan the area for an empty table but my gaze lands on niall waving his hands and calling me over. i shuffle my way over, careful to avoid knocking into anyone with lunch trays.

"howya james?" niall smiles, showing a mouth full of pearly whites.

"i'm good, i guess, it's a bit overwhelming," i chuckle, niall laughing along. he's so nice, i can't believe my luck meeting him.

"well, take a seat, and meet the gang," he gestures to the empty space beside him on the curved bench. i take a seat already filled with four others.

"guys this is james, this here is harry," he points to a curly haired boy, "louis," the boy with astonishing blue eyes, "heather," a girl with blonde hair , "jo," and the girl with florescent pink hair, "so this is the group, and heather is my girlfriend so don't even think of hitting on her," he's serious for a few seconds, before laughing loudly. i chuckle too, but i feel i should tell them. the worried feeling in my stomach rises as memories flash of my past experiences in school.

"um, well, i don't- i'm not," i stutter, not knowing how to put it.

"go on spit it out," louis urges, smiling encouragingly.

"i'm gay,"

they all look at me, before smiling and niall pats me on the back.

"no problem, james, our group needs a little more dynamic," harry reassures me.

"oh, um, ok," i smile, looking down at my hands.

i feel my eyes fill with tears, and i almost faint. i can't believe how understanding everyone is and how accepting they are. the feeling in my stomach is immediately filled with a warm feeling of being accepted, something that i've never felt.

i've a new chance at school, a new place to start over. a school that openly accepts everyone, it seems no matter what.

this is how it should be.

----

thought i'd update on zayn's bday ;) omg he's 22, but he'll still be 18 in my heart :')