two

i slowly open the door to room 32, praying i don't draw attention to myself, in which i succeed. i close the door behind, taking in the loud chatter of the class in their groups and pairs. i spot a seat isolated at the back, behind the same blonde boy that knocked into me in the hallway.

i shuffle over to it, placing my bag on the table and looking down at my shaking hands. i shove them into my pockets and take a seat.

"hey! i know you! you're the lad i bumped into the hallway earlier! sorry 'bout again, by the way," the boy's irish accent caught my attention.

i look up to find him smiling brightly at me. i give him a sheepish one in return.

"are ya new?" he asks, twisting his chair to fully face me. this change in body language is shocking considering he barely even knows me. i'm almost too frightened to say anything, but that's liam, i'm james now. cool, sophisticated, amiable- i better answer before he thinks i have a mental problem.

"yeah, eh, it's my first day," i reply, rubbing my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"i'm niall, what's your name?" he continues the conversation.

"li-james," i stutter. he brushes it off, not even mentioning it.

"well it's good to meet ya, if your stuck for a place to sit at lunch, join me and the lads, they won't mind at all," niall offers. his kindness almost makes me cry.

i nod, for fear of actually crying, as i can feel the lump form in my throat.

the teacher comes in to take attendance, just as a tanned boy enters the room. my jaw nearly falls out of it's socket at the sight of him. his impossibly dark hair is swept up into a quiff and the shadows carve into his cheekbones and his chiselled jawline. i nearly shit my pants.

"zayn, you're late!" the teacher calls out, not even looking up from her computer.

"sorry, won't happen again," he apologises. zayn. fits like a glove.

his hazel eyes scan the room for a seat, when he lands on my lonesome self, and the empty table beside me. his jean clad legs take easy strides towards me and before i know it, his ass is in the seat next to me. sweet baby jesus help me.

"hello," he turns to me, "you're new,"

i can't even open my mouth, (i'd probably throw up) so i just nod. his eyes are the most intriguing thing i've ever seen. the mix of hazel and deep and light brown combine to make up this deep meaningful stare that could take someone's breath away. which they have. mine.

"the name's zayn," he introduces himself, sticking out his hand to shake. i just stare at it like it's a gun, my hand not even budging off my leg, so he slowly put it down again. he probably thinks i'm a lunatic, i think to myself, and i mentally punch myself in the face.

"and you are?" he raises his eyebrows questioningly.

"james," i some how squeak out, i'm surprised that i remembered how to speak, let alone my new name.

he simply nods, turning to face the front of the room. i do the same, but i could stare at him for hours. which i plan to, from now 'til they end of time.