Chapter 3: Spells Gone Wrong

~Chickadee's POV~

   A few seconds after they turned into chickens, they turned back into humans. The only difference was the fact that they now have proof!

   "Okay, bad plan," Star pointed out.

   "Yeah, I have a better plan, RUN!" I said. The villagers stood up and picked up their torches and pitchforks, looking very angry. We couldn't run forever, they would catch us.

   "We need help!" Star exclaimed. A thought appeared in my head, What about our secret hideout? Although, we were so far from it, it would be impossible to reach it without a spell. As we were running, my hair got caught in a branch, making me land on my back.

   "Kill the witches!" A guy screamed. A pitchfork was thrown at me, it landed right next to my head, scraping the side of my head, and blood started flowing. Star hurried to get my hair untangled from the tree branch, while the villagers were ten feet away from us.

   "We have to go!" Star screamed. She held out her hand and I took it, my other hand was held over my gash in my head. By the time we were running again, the villagers could have stabbed us without throwing anything.

   "Star, we need to stop and rest, we have been running for hours, we need to hide!" I screamed while running for my life. Star looked up at the trees.

   "Grab a branch" Star said simply. She is older...but the villagers could set the tree aflame, burning us to death.

   "That won't work, what about our powers?" I suggested.

   "You can't control yours and I don't know what mine are!" Star pointed out.

   "Its either out of control powers, or being burned at the stake" I reminded her. She stared at me, seeming to ask, are you nuts!?!

   "Go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you," Star stated. I closed my eyes, and for a moment everything seemed more colorful. Then, a rainbow came shimmering down to where Star and I were. I ran up the rainbow, Star running behind me, and the rainbow started disappearing about halfway across.

   "I told you!" Star said angrily. Soon, the rainbow disappeared from under us, and we started to fall.

   "Come on, come on..." I muttered. A white fluffy cloud came rushing toward us, and as soon as we landed on it, lightning zapped the villagers.

   "You owe me, big time" I stated with a smirk. The cloud descended to the ground, about a mile from the villagers.

   "Thank you," I said with gratitude to the cloud. The cloud seemed to smile as it returned to its spot in the sky.

   "Now what do we do?" I asked Star.

   "Find some shelter, and go to sleep," Star said firmly. As we searched for a place to sleep, I felt as if a pair of eyes were watching me.

______________________________________________

   When I opened my eyes in the morning light, I felt where my head had been wounded. It had been patched up, and I finally come to my senses and smelled eggs frying. I sat up in an instant, making Star jump and the eggs fly off the the pan and onto my face. Star started laughing, I frowned for a minute and started laughing too. I took the egg off of my face and threw it at Star's face, it landed with a loud SPLAT! We laughed even harder. By the time we stopped, it started to rain.

   "Well, now we have no breakfast," Star stated as she pulled the egg off her face and threw it out for the birds.

   "Can't you get more eggs from a nest? It's not like the rain will make you melt," I said with a smile.

   "You can get it, I got it last time!" Star pointed out.

   "Fine, but you better cook me eggs that don't land in my face," I muttered as I walked out of the damp cave.

   I spotted a nest in a tree right next to the cave. I walked over to the tree and grabbed the first limb, reaching for each limb until I got the the nest. The nest had a unhatched egg, and a baby chickadee. The chickadee was a little strange though, it had rainbow feathers. It looked at me with curiousity. I held out my hand and the baby bird hopped into my hand. Putting the small bird on my shoulder, I grabbed the egg and climbed down the tree.

   The chickadee chirped in my ear as I ran to the cave, I only hoped that my sister would let me keep my new little friend. Star grabbed the egg from my hand as soon as I walked in, she glanced at the bird and gave me a irritated look.

   "Take that waste of space back to where you found it," Star ordered as she cracked the egg into the pan.

   "She could be my new familiar! My first one burned in a fire, my rainbow fawn, remember?" I reminded her. I quickly put on a sad face, a fake rainbow tear slid down my face.

   Star tried to look away and say no, but she gave in and said, "You can keep her."

   "Now all we need to be a family again is to find Twilight!" I said with excitement.

   "She is dead, she probably died years ago," Star stated.

   "No she didn't, you didn't know her like I did!" I shouted with real rainbow tears sliding down my face.

   "She is dead, end of discussion!" Star shouted back.

   "This is NOT the end of the discussion, you just never liked her, you were jealous that I spent more time with her!" I shouted.

   "She is dead!" Star shouted, her voice rattled around in the cave. It felt like she had shot me with a gun.

   "Do you really think that?" I asked quietly.

   "Yes, I do," Star replied.

   "You are so wrong," a voice said from the darkness. A girl slowly walked out of the shadows, and the first thing I noticed was the glowing purple eyes. Then, I saw the brown hair, at that moment I realized, I was staring at my twin. "I am not dead," Twilight stated with her eyes glowing bright.

   The rain stopped in an instant, the fire burning in the coals grew brighter. "I knew you were alive, but this sister says otherwise!" I exclaimed while pointing to Star. "Where have you been?" I asked.

   "Running," Twilight replied simply. She seemed very distant, like she wasn't really here. All I wanted to do was make this moment a little happier, but I knew that when you were a witch, most days weren't happy. Star poked at the egg, then cut it into three pieces, putting each piece on a plate. I grabbed my plate while Twilight hesitantly grabbed hers. It was stone silent except for when Star coughed lightly. The rainbow chickadee hopped off my shoulder and onto the plate. She looked up at me and seemed to ask, Can I have some? I took a tiny piece and held it out for her, she pecked at it and chirped. The egg was gone in a matter of minutes while we worked at it.

   Twilight set down her plate and asked, "How did the mob know you two were witches?" Star gave her a suspicious glance.

   "They always find out, they usually point me out, then put two and two together, and see that we are both witches," I replied. That was when we heard gunshots.

   "Kill the witches!" echoed across the woods.

   "They have found us" Star said sadly. The people who killed our parents...are back to get us.

_______________________________________

R.A.N.'s chapter is done! I am so excited! Comment and vote!