Chapter 4: What Happened To You?

Twilight set down her plate and asked, "How did the mob know you two were witches?" Star gave her a suspicious glance. "They always find out, they usually point me out, then put two and two together, and see that we are both witches" I replied. That was when we heard gunshots. "Kill the witches!" Echoed across the woods. "They have found us" Star said sadly. The people who killed our parents...are back to get us.

_

~Twilight's Pov~

As Star says these words, I can see that they are both frightened. However this does not apply to me. After being on my own for so long, I have gained a lot of courage and have learned how to outsmart these mobs. While I was away, I gained my power and mastered my magic at age 6. It is very unusual to master your magic at such a young age but for me it came easily.

My head turns to Star who starts grabbing Chickadee's hair and I watch as Chickadee does the same. As they do this I sit and continue eating. The mob comes closer and starts throwing pitch forks at us. To my sister's surprise, a laugh escapes my mouth. They start running but, I stay put. "What are you doing?" Chickadee questions, coming back to our site. I give her one of my rare smiles. "Chcikadee, there is nothing to be worried about! They cannot hurt us!" I say. Chickadees face twists in confusion and Star grabs her hand as if she is trying to get her to come along. "Come on Chickadee they are almost here!" Star says pulling my twin along. "Not without Twilight!" Chickadee responds. Before Star can reply the mob is right in front of us.

"We have caught you and there is no place to run!" Says a man holding a knife. He wipes it with his shirt and this makes Chickadee shiver. Star gives him an evil look and stands in front of my twin. "How do you want to die?" He questions evilly. I roll my eyes and look to see how Star will respond since the question was directed towards her. "You lay hand on my little sister, and then I will not hesitate to kill you!" She answers. "Twilight is your sister to!" Chickadee says while pointing to me. I smile at my twin and then smirk at Star. One of the villagers looks at me and all he can see is my curls for they are covering my eyes. "How are you a witch? The only abnormal thing about you is your long hair." He says. I laugh and move a few curls revealing my glowing eyes. He gasps but stares at me intently. I then see one villager sneaking around Star. He raises a long sword above her that reflects sunlight all over the ground. Watching this gives me an idea for a spell. I think of how the sunlight is scattered and compare this to the scattered villagers. I think of their minds and the scattered thoughts they have. This leads me to the scattered memories they possess. Memory. After these thoughts, I find the solution. Right as the villager is about to thrust the sword into Star's head. I mutter the spell under my breath and the villagers fall to the ground. That lay still and unmoving. It is as if they are frozen, which they are.

"What did you do?" Chickadee asks astonished by the villagers lying frozen around us. "I froze them" I reply simply. Star turns around to find the frozen villager with the sword. She then turns to me with a thankful look but that quickly turns to a look of anger. "Are you Crazy! You could have gotten us killed!", She breaths with her eyes shining with fury, "You should have ran! We could have lost them by now! Instead we are stuck with a bunch of frozen villagers! We are going to have to unfreeze them eventually and then what are my going to do!" Star says

"Well first of all, you two keep on running from them when you could just take care of the problem right away so you do not have to run forever!" I say. Chickadee gives me a confused look. "How are we going to stop them from chasing us?" She questions. I look at her and from what I can tell she has not changed once over the years. She has not faced the real world like I have. She may be exposed to a few mobs but she is still innocent. Star has shielded her from reality and her significance in this world. I push my thoughts away and turn to my twin. "Well the first step is to freeze them as I already have, then I am going to erase any memories they have of us and any memories of what witches look like. Then I am going to send them back to their homes." I explain. Star looks at all the people and turns back to me."How?" She asks. "Like this" I respond. Then I wave my hand over the crowd and by doing this action it erases their memories of us. I then pull out my spell book and say a spell that transports them to their homes.