Chapter 5: Sisters ForNEVER

~Chickadee's POV~

   As the morning sun's rays creep across the woods, I am still crying. Every word she said was true, and I had always known that it was best for us to be on our own, but I was afraid of the world. The bible I now held in my hands was now the only thing I had of Twilight. I had read five pages, but the words didn't make sense to me, for I had never learned to read. Yes, I have read some newspapers, I have learned some, but Star said we couldn't carry books around. My little chickadee chirped once in a while, trying to cheer me up. Nothing seemed to make me happy, it felt like a piece was falling out over the years and it had just fallen.

   With each hour, I wondered why Star showed little love for her sister. She loved me, why not Twilight? Perhaps Star was missing her own twin, and she didn't want me to have mine again. The more I thought about Twilight and Star, the more I wanted to know what the world was like. Was it as cruel as I thought? Or is it just in need of some happiness like Star was? What does the city look like?

   Then, I thought of what other witches were like when the first three witches were alive. Why were they different from the others? Did they have a certain job to do for the world?

   "Chickadee, please tell your familiar to go back home, we can't keep her" Star ordered. "No" I said with determination. Star looked surprised. "What did you say?" Star questioned with her voice rising. "I want to keep her, and I know now that even though our paths are intertwined, we do not walk the same path. We were never meant to" I said wisely. Star looked hurt for a slight second, then it turned to anger. "You can't leave like everyone else! You are my last sister! If you leave, you can never come back!" Star shouted.

   "Fine!" I screamed.

   "Fine! I don't need you!" Star shouted desperately. I took one last look before I ran out the door, with my hair in my arms and my new little chickadee flying behind me.

   The tears streaming down my face made my hair stick to my cheeks. Within a few minutes, it started to rain, forcing my chickadee to land on my shoulder. I stroked her with one finger, I then looked down at my sister's bible in my cloak pocket. Since I needed to be hidden and I had a bible, I figured I was safe. If Twilight believed in Him, I could too. Star always said to follow tradition...now I am going against it.

   I walked into the nearest village, instantly a boy ran up to me. "Hi, I'm Peter" He grinned with an outstretched hand. I frowned, because Star never showed me this greeting. I reached out and grasped his hand, and he shook it. "Can I know your name?" He asked. I pushed my hair back and looked up to his face. "It's Chickadee" I replied with a half smile. "Well Chickadee, do you want to see a movie at the theater?" Peter offered. "Sure, why not" I accepted. As we walked to a big building, I wondered what a movie was.

___________________________________

New chapter from your forever insane writer,

~R.A.N.~