chapter twenty five

It was a few weeks later in the Room of Requirement, where most of the older students had taken to hanging out to avoid the Carrows, when Neville Longbottom walked out of the portrait hole in the wall, followed by Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. They were back at last and with them came a whole load of gasps and shouts from the students gathered in the Room of Requirement.

Questions were fired out as they walked into the room and people were greeting them haphazardly. Although it seemed they were in a hurry because Harry cut down to the chase very quickly.

"We need to find something in the castle." he said into the crowd. That was it. Unsurprisingly it brought with it a lot of confusion.

"Great! What do we need to find?" asked Seamus Finnigan from Gryffindor, a smile on his face at seeing his friend back.

"That's the thing, we don't know what it is. Something belonging to Ravenclaw?" Harry said with unsure look on his face. "I'm aware it's not much to work with." he said sheepishly.

"That's nothing to work with." said Seamus, his exited face gone. She smiled at his answer, thinking it was slightly amusing.

"It could be the lost diadem of Ravenclaw." suggested Luna Lovegood in her usual airy voice. Tara silently agreed with Luna that the Ravenclaw diadem was the thing that best suited the description Harry had provided. Luna then decided to take Harry to the Ravenclaw common room to see the stature of Rowena Ravenclaw with her diadem on. After they left she figured this was the time to find Draco and Roman. Harry insinuated just before leaving that finding this diadem would bring down Voldemort, something might happen.

With that in mind she locates Pierre in the big room. She walks over to him and his other Gryffindor friend getting their attention.

"Pierre, I'm gonna head out." she notifies him, pointing behind her with her thumb. His eyebrows furrow, but he nods.

"Just be careful, Harry seemed to think something might happen tonight." she nodded in reply and began walking down to the dungeons, where the Slytherin common room was. She was about to say the password when it opened from the inside. She took a few steps back to avoid being hit with the portrait opening.

"Oh! It's you." said a surprised voice from the portrait. She looked up and sure enough, there was one of the Slytherin boys who had accused her of expelling Nott, but then apologized right after. She hadn't seen them since that day before Christmas and was slightly surprised to see him.

"Hello." she said, not quite sure what to say. "Say, you wouldn't know if Draco Malfoy is in there, would you?" she asked, figuring it was better knowing if he was there first or not, still not particularly fond of how hostile the Slytherins acted when she entered.

He looked surprised by her question but nodded nevertheless.

"Yeah, he's sitting in the common room with Atrio." she smiled at him, thanking him before walking past him and into the common room. She noticed he hadn't moved from the portrait and was still standing there as she walked past him, but she continued walking nonetheless. True enough, there they were, talking silently. There were a few other people sitting around, who gave her a few curious glances, but she ignored them and walked right up to the boys.

"Hi, there." she smiled down at them sitting in the sofa. They both looked up at the sound of her voice and smiled.

She sat down beside Draco, who after smiling down at her, kissed her softly on the lips.

"How'd you get in here? The password changed." Draco asked surprised, glancing at the portrait. She sat back in the sofa, glancing at Roman from behind Draco.