chapter twenty four

This chapter is taken from the books for the most part, but I might leave out a couple small details, so don't come for me,please :)

btw thank you so much for 13k reads!!!!!!!! 

Draco Malfoy

All Easter he had kept to his room, leaving only when necessary, hoping, praying he wouldn't be needed. It was almost time to go back to school when his father called for him from downstairs. He stopped fiddling with the bracelet Tara had given him, tucking it further up his sleeve, so his parents wouldn't see it. They would not approve of it, but Draco loved it. It reassured him that Tara actually liked him, and that he had something worth fighting for.

He opened his bedroom door and walked downstairs. Hoping it wasn't anything bad. As he approached the dining room he heard the sound of struggling and voices. The voice of his mother and the werewolf Greyback.

He stopped outside the room and drew a breath in an attempt to calm himself. The moment he walked in his heart sank. In the middle of his dining room stood the Golden fucking Trio. 

Weasley and Granger looked like themselves, filthy and tired, but like themselves. It was Potter. Bloody Potter, who looked deformed. His face was swollen and lumpy and his features were all distorted.

His mother had just finished explaining to Greyback that Draco would recognize Potter if he saw him, when she noticed him standing by the door.

"Draco, come here." his mother spoke up. He reluctantly walked up to her, avoiding Potter's gaze. Greyback didn't seem to like his silence, and roughly moved Potter so he was right under the chandelier in the room, illuminating his strange face.

"Well, boy?" Greyback rasped out, glaring at him. Draco glanced at Potter and then away again. He looked down at his wrist, where the bracelet was poking out, Tara's words ringing in his head. I'd only give this to a good person.

"Well, Draco?" said his father with hardly contained excitement. "Is it? Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't...I can't be sure." he said, avoiding looking at Potter. He was terrified his parents would know he had lied. Terrified something might happen. He could hardly believe Harry Potter was in his house, almost in Voldemorts hands. He knew Potter was trying to take him down, and being here was definitely not part of his plan.

"But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!" his father said again, excitement in his voice. He must have noticed Draco's hesitation and continued.

"Draco, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiven."

The thought of being the reason Potter was caught made him even more certain he shouldn't give him up to the Dark Lord. Again glancing down at his bracelet he thought of Tara. She would never give up Potter to the Dark Lord even though Potter had shot that blasted curse at him, it was because he thought Tara was being hurt.

His father and Greyback had started talking about something when his father beckoned him even closer, pointing to Potters forehead where one could faintly see his scar tight across his head. His father noticed as well and was asking if it was Potter again.

"I don't know." he said again, hoping they would believe him. Luckily his mother had some sense and said they had to be certain. He let his shoulders relax slightly, but stiffened again when his mother recognized Granger. He was shocked his mother actually knew her name. Again all eyes were on him, waiting for him to confirm or deny it. He couldn't say it wasn't her, because it was so obvious it was.