This has nothing to do with this book but I wrote it anyway

So my friend Sabella and I are HUGE fans of anything by the author Cassandra Clare and as her Christmas/New Years Eve present, she asked me to write a thing as if she was in the story with the characters, so I did, putting her into "Clockwork Angel" series. You might have no idea what I'm talking about but please read it anyway. (And for some reason Bella asked me to name her Eva...)
-------------------------------------

The strident clacking noise of high heeled shoes ricocheted off the bare walls of the empty street, announcing the arrival of the woman he had been awaiting.
Pushing himself up from his slouch against the corner of the dingy pub that had hosted him for the night, he emerged from the shadows and stepped into the flickering light of the street lamp. His coat buttons were undone, his jet black hair was a mess from the icy wind and his lips were dry and chapped, all adding to his sharp appearance in a surprisingly favourable manner.

His mouth twitched with the possibility of a smile as the precisely dressed lady neared. She did not seem at all out of place in this dank alley surrounded by closed ruins of shops and beer bottles, yet her clothes, stance and beauty spoke of wealth, security and comfort.

"What have you got yourself into now Will?" she questioned, already sure of the answer. She held out her hand to shake his, but instead he stared.
"What the hell is with all the formalities??? It's just me for god sake", he opened his arms for an embrace.
She let the breath she had been holding go.
Diving forward, she held him as if years did not separate the last hug they had shared, and buried her face in his chest, taking in breaths as though she had not for days.
He rested his chin a top her head and intertwined his fingers in her long dark hair, dreaming of the days to come.
"Merry Christmas William. It's wonderful to be back."
A chill travelled down his spine as he marvelled at the fact of the matter.

"And how is my favourite distant relative Eva?" He spoke of the ever "magnificent" Jace Herondale will a slightly odd note in his voice.
"Brilliant, legendary, awesome... Nothing out of the ordinary," she laughed as she had vision of the young egotistical shadow hunter with his mop of blonde hair and warm golden eyes, the utter opposite of Will.

"We have years to catch up on Will! So start talking!"

The couple strolled down the road, chattering. And with his arm wrapped tightly around her waist, a slight bounce in her step and a whole year of chaos and romance ahead of them, nothing was impossible.