Chapter Sixteen: Two Commitments That'll Last a Lifetime

Hey... I think I've seen you here before, haven't I? Come here often?... Yeah, I come here a lot, but... not recently...

I know! I'm an awful person! I haven't updated in fucking forever, and I'm very sorry! </3

Okay. So since I've written this entire story (basically) in Gray's POV I'm going to do another Andy POV. But this chapter's gonna' be fucking epic. So epic that I'm asking for TEN comments.

I know. I'm mean.

But! Ten (10) comments for the next chapter! I know y'all can do it! Besides, this is a really cool chapter! You guy's'll flip!

Anyways, bai! Love y'all! <3

~Niki Sikk X,,,,,,x

---------------------------

I wake up about a month later, still in the hotel bed. Pretty much Gray and I have decided that we're just going to stay here until something requires us or prompts us to go back. There's no reason to go back, I'm mean the hotel rate is cheap and as long as we don't trash the place and continue to pay we're not getting booted out. We both have some clothes now and when they need to be cleaned we just go to a laundromat.

"Andy!" Gray calls from the bathroom. "Wake up!"

I yawn tiredly and stretch out. It isn't even morning time, I just took a nap.

I look over at the clock. It says four fifteen.

I think back, trying to remember what we're doing today. We're going to a somewhat fancy dinner, which is why Gray's getting ready in the bathroom, and...

Oh! Today's the day! The day, the day, the day!

I sit up after rubbing my eyes, then I stand and walk to the bathroom. Gray's using our new straightener to finish straightening her hair while she stands there, waiting patiently, in her new dress. It looks nearly identical to the one she wore for homecoming, the only difference is that instead of a matching piece of fabric around her waist that serves somewhat as a belt the piece is dark purple. Her beautiful red hair has grown out a lot, so she cut it to around her shoulders but with layers still. Her bangs are still long-ish, but not as long.

I walk in, take the straightener from her, set it down as my unused hand moves quickly to her hip, then take her other hip in my hand as I kiss her head. "Hey, Baby Girl," I say.

She smiles. "Hi, Andy," she says, looking at us in the mirror.

I slide my arms around her instead of keeping my hands on her hips. As I do I bend down a little to rest my chin on her near-bare shoulder. "You look beautiful," I say.

She smiles. "I'd say you look handsome, but you're not dressed yet."

I chuckle and kiss her shoulder as I start to let go of her. "Then let me go get dressed," I say as I start to walk out.

"I left your clothes at the end of the bed," she says.

I see them immediately. "Thanks," I say as I pick up the shirt. It's nothing much, just a plain, black collared shirt with short sleeves. The jeans I've worn before. Black. No tears. Slightly faded.

I pull the clothing on, buttoning the shirt as I come in. Gray slips out of the bathroom as I enter so I take up the still-hot straightener and start working on my fluffball hair. My face is no longer battered, though you can see a faint line along my lip, showing the bust that was there. When my hair's finished, I clean out my lip ring-- just 'cause I do that sometimes to avoid lip infection or whatever-- then I frame my eyes with very thin lines of eyeliner.