Chapter Ten: Apparently, Drunk Kisses Last Forever Too

I wake up nestled into the wall the couch leans against. I feel someone resting on my legs, which are folded against my chest.

I open my eyes and look over, seeing Andy sprawled out across the couch, his head the one resting on my legs.

Smiling, I grab his head as I start moving so I can stand up on the bus, and I set it down softly as I do. His slumber is un-disturbed.

I walk to the coffee pot in our bus and start a pot for everyone.

Andy's been sleeping on the bus on and off for the last month or so. Ever since we made ammends, it's like nothing ever changed. I play guitar while he sings, we go to random Walmarts and make fun of items there, we cuss ignorant people out like bloody sailors, et cetera, et cetera.

I reach up to grab a bowl for my cereal. Suddenly, I feel two long arms around my waist. "Morning, Gray," Andy says, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Morning, Andy," I say, slinking back. I start pouring myself Cocoa Puffs, since these are so good. "Can you get the milk out of the fridge?" I ask.

"Sure, as long as you pour me a bowl," he says as his arms retreat and he walks to the small fridge in the corner of the small tiled floor we call "the kitchen."

"Sure," I say as I pull down another bowl and start pouring him some. He comes back with the milk, so I start pouring it over the cereal. He grabs two spoons from the sink, then we return to the couch and begin eating.

"How're you this morning?" Andy asks, yawning. His hair's disheveled and his make-up's smeared, making him look like a gothic lion.

I laugh at the image. I reach under the couch and get my camera out of the drawer system under it, then I snap a picture. He raises a brow.

I start waving the picture around. "To answer your question, I'm fine. And to answer your mental question, look." I hold the image up to his eyes, so he can see it.

"Jesus fuck," he says. He sets his bowl on the counter and walks to the bathroom, trying to smooth down his hair.

A moment later he comes back, his hair brushed and his make-up removed to a certain extent. Eyeliner can be hard to remove sometimes.

I laugh an return the camera to its home and set the picture next to it. Andy, who happened to see it, walks over and bends down by the drawer. "Can I see?" he asks.

I nod. "Go ahead, mate."

He smiles, then he opens it and starts filing through all the pictures I've taken on tour. There's some of us just sitting in the bus, there's a few of Andy and I or just Andy, there's a few of the venues we've been to, but then there's others. I always like to walk around before or after a show and take my camera with me. For the last month or so I've been seeing kinda' cool things in nature, so I'd take a picture of those. My favourite one I'd had to use black and white film to photograph, but it looks so awesome! I saw these two teenagers sitting on a bench that was a few yards behind this enormous tree. This tree had bottles hanging to it, messages tacked to it, things cut into the bark. The sun was setting just behind the tree, hitting some of the bottles and throwing colors everywhere. I asked the couple if I could photograph them and, with their permission, I did. The picture in black and white didn't show the colors of the bottles but showed the light seeping through them. And I took two, so I could give one to the couple, and they really seemed to enjoy it.

"Magic tree," I suddenly hear Andy mutter.

Ah yes. I had named the tree "The Magic Tree."

"Mm-hmm. That's my favourite," I say as I take it from him and glance at it.