Chapter 12

Louis blinked hard. He couldn't figure out why the hell he was sweating, why something felt different about waking up. He didn't know what damn time it was.

He thought he must've had a really good nap, one of those naps where you feel like you kind of just traveled to another dimension and you wake up with no sense of your physical being. And yeah, Louis was chill with that. He figured deserved it – it was a weekend and he was a hard-working person.

But honestly, something felt too different.

It didn't fully register to him until he opened his eyes and came face to face with a chest – the chest of a person whose body ran really fucking hot when they slept. He angled his head up and saw big, pink pouty lips, open and snoring – Harry. Louis tried to peel away, sweat sticky against him. Jesus, he didn't remember falling asleep.

Curls fell into his face when he pulled back, hair getting in his mouth and he swatted it away.

The sticky feeling of trying to peel his body off Harry's and the hair in his mouth pushed him just a bit over the edge.

Louis was a little grumpier waking up from naps than he'd like to admit. He would claim to be a little grumpy. But in reality, his small body was a spitfire of pouty lips and grumbled noises. And if he was to suffer this fate of being grumpy post-nap, he certainly wasn't going to go it alone.

Harry's back was to the wall, tight and muscular arms wrapped around Louis like a vice. So, Louis didn't really feel bad when he put his hands on Harry's chest and shoved him. It wasn't hard, just enough to wake Harry up.

Harry looked dazed and confused, feeding into Louis' mischievous thoughts.

"Your snoring was so god damn loud in my ear, I can't believe you fell asleep. I've been laying here, trapped in your arms for ages." Louis kept his voice full of offense, knowing that he was lying straight through his teeth. He hoped that the one summer he went to a theatre camp gave him enough skill to be convincing.

"What?" Harry asked, voice heavy and strained. He cleared his throat.

"I mean honestly – it's incredibly rude. You fell asleep in my bed, didn't even ask if I was down for a nap, which I wasn't, by the way. You basically left me."

Harry raised his eyebrows and brushed his fingers through Louis' hair, tucking whatever piece he could behind his ear. "You didn't fall asleep too?" Harry asked the rhetorical question. He knew the answer, knew that Louis napped, snoring into Harry's bare chest. Harry could still feel a small bit of drool drying on him.

"Nope," Louis said, popping the p. Louis could see that Harry knew he was lying – but Louis was nothing if not dedicated and committed. He was going to keep playing along.

"Hmm," Harry hummed. He reached a slender finger towards Louis' eye, rubbing away crust that formed in the corner. "You sure? Not even a tiny, little nap?"

Damn, Louis thought, cursing his body for giving him away. "Get your meaty giant hand off my face," Louis replied swatting his hand away playfully. "I didn't sleep at all."

Harry dropped his finger and brought the back of his hand to stroke Louis' cheek. Louis closed his eyes and leaned into the touch, small smile playing on his lips. "I'm so sorry for my rude behavior. Let me make it up to you, love."

Louis' smile grew. "How do you suppose you're going to do that?"

Harry leaned over, peppering kisses over Louis' cheeks and lips. "Come over tonight, I'll cook you dinner. You can sleep over."