Potion and poison

Zenitsu's POV

I have a weird feeling around these two medicine girls, not pervy feelings- but I mean more like something is up. Aoi doesn't look alright, she looks a bit sick and worried, and Kanao looks... mad? Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I think I'm a little paranoid. Nezuko left the room to make some green tea for us and the guests, so it was me, the medicine girls, Tanjiro and Inosuke in the living room.

"Say, how have you two been since last week?" Tanjiro started the conversation.

"We've been good, what about you?" Kanao replied, only looking at Tanjiro.

"Oh, we've been going out a lot, hehe. There is not much to do and it's always sunny out, so might as well enjoy the good weather!"

"Of course."

So far it was only Tanjiro and Kanao chatting and keeping the conversation alive. Surprisingly, Inosuke was pretty quiet, on the other hand, I was analyzing Aoi who was also quiet. That's when I finally decided to speak up for the first time.

"Aoi, are you feeling alright? You look pale." I asked her in a worried tone. She looked up at me in surprise, then immideatly looked back down at her lap.

"No need to worry, Zenitsu, I am alright, it's just the heat." She insisted. I didn't buy it but opened a window just in case she was telling the truth. I mean, it was getting a little hot in here.

"Ok, tea is ready!" Nezuko announced, placing a big platter containing a tea kettle and 5 tea cups on the living room table.

"Thank you, you're so thoughtful!" Kanao thanked her with a soft smile.

"It's nothing, really, help yourselves."

"I can serve the tea."

"Oh, no need to do that, Kanao, you're the guest here, I-" Nezuko was cut off by Kanao insisting to serve the tea. She thought it was odd but agreed.

"We have snacks as well. What would you like to eat?" Tanjiro spoke.

"...Maybe Onigiri, do you like Onigiri, Aoi?" Inosuke offered, saying her name hesitantly, like he was afraid to say it wrong. Once again, she looked up in surprise, but this time she didn't look back down. Instead, she locked eyes with Inosuke.

"...That would be nice."

3rd person POV

Nezuko, Tanjiro, and Kanao, continued talking with ease. However, over time Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Aoi, knew there was more to this visit than chat. They looked at each other occasionally between Onigiri bites. Somehow their looks turned into words between the three of them. Only them could understand.

Aoi was about to finish her second Onigiri when Zenitsu offered to take her into the kitchen to help her make another one. He looked back at Inosuke, like he was saying he couldn't come with them since it would look suspicious. Inosuke answered with a little nod. They left without being questioned, as Inosuke stayed in the room.

"I know something is wrong, you look worried sick." Zenitsu whispered as low as he could, but still loud enough for Kanzaki to hear. Once he said that, she looked like she was on the verge of tears, but held them in. They quietly got out from the back door, and closed it.

"Oh Zenitsu, there is so many things I have to tell you I don't even know where to start!" The medicine girl cried uncontrollably. That's when Zenitsu realised the situation was worse than he anticipated, so they ran further from the house so the others wouldn't be able to hear.