League of Love

Yejin arrived at her old school grounds an hour after lunch. Her classmate, Im Yoona followed next to her with their arms linked.

Yoona was a colleague who became close and oftentimes would come over to the restaurant to hang out along with her other friends, Lee Min Jung and Uhm Ji Won, whom she met in graduate school, whenever they came to visit from Seoul.

Yejin was very grateful for her girlfriends as they were pivotal in helping her get through the tougher times. They kept her company and in high spirits during the darkest hours.

She and Yoona make their way to the field and towards the open seating area where they met Hyojin, who had already been there since the start of the game

Yejin looked at the scoreboard and saw that it was a close tie between the two teams.

"How's it looking?" She asked her bestie.

Hyojin peeked from behind her sunglasses and popped a scoop of mixed nut snacks into her mouth. "Pretty even split. They're both really good."

Yejin first scanned the diamond where the infielders were in position. When she couldn't find him her eyes wandered to the dugout area. There he was.

Player 31. Hyun Bin.

The sight of him dressed in his team uniform brought her back to the days when she came to his games first as his friend, and eventually as his girlfriend. He'd been a talented player, excelling more at pitching than batting. Every time he finished a turn, he'd always point directly to her from where she sat on the bleachers, acknowledging her to the crowd.

Now as an adult, taller and more well built, Bin filled out his uniform like a true major league player

As if telepathically reading her thoughts, he whirled his head around to survey the crowd, his gaze on the search. When his eyes landed on hers, he broke out in a wide smile, got up from the bench and waved.

She waved back, her heart skipping a beat.

"Ooh, Yejin. Who's that?" Yoona crooned curiously. "So dreamy."