Chapter 23

Medea Barret

Chapter 23

"Dad, why are we leaving?" I said working up the nerve to ask.

My father looked at me like a madman.

"I'm not explaining that," he said coldly.

"What about Pavlov, will she be okay?" I asked.

"She'll be fine..." he muttered.

"What about-" I began.

"Enough Questions, Medea!" he snarled.

My father was just about to force me in the car when four people showed up. It was Aderyn, Lisa, Jesse, and a young girl I didn't know. The girl held an Iguana in her hand.

"Why did you bring your iguana, Bridget?" I heard Jesse ask.

She began chanting and the Iguana became bigger.

"Animal transformation isn't my only witch skill, idiot," Bridget responded.

"Landon, attack!" she told the reptile.

The monster rammed into the car. That's when my dad pulled out a gun and pointed it at my head.

"If you don't let us go, I'll kill her!" he said.

"Dad, what's going on!" I shrieked.

The shriek was louder than expected and pushed my father's gun out of his hands. That's when Ms. Mary Ann entered with Aderyn's mom.

"It's over Andrew, give me back my daughter!" Ms. Mary Ann told my dad.

She then turned to me and gave me a hug.

"Medea, my beloved daughter!" she smiled.

She then turned to my dad with a grim expression.

"Start running coward," she snarled.

My dad didn't need to be told twice after the giant iguana looked at him. He got in the car and started driving away.

"What was that screech, though?!" Aderyn asked.

"That is how Silo Witches talk to each other," my "mom" said.

"Wait, I'm a Silo Witch?" I said super confused.

My "mom" explained the truth. My father did not know my "mother's" heritage when they married. When he found out the truth, he told her to leave town or my dad would reveal the truth. That's why I never remembered my mother. She had been gone since I was three and now I knew why.

"Who are you?" I asked "Bridget."

"I'm your half sister!" she told me.

That's when My mother told me I would be out of school the next two weeks learning to control my powers.

"You will be a whole new girl when the process is finished," my mom said.

I could only hope...