Chapter 14

Medea Barret

Chapter 14

I got home from Ditzy Cone in a good mood. I loved every minute of hanging out with Aderyn. She taught me things I never knew. It made me feel bad about how I treated her.

Speaking of which, my father was waiting for me. He didn't look too happy though.

"Where were you, Medea?" my dad asked.

"Out with my friend Aderyn," I told him.

"You're seriously making friends with that troublemaker!?" he snarled.

"She's not a bad girl, just a little misguided," I told him.

"Jason would disagree with those statements," he told me.

"I'm not like that anymore," I said to my dad.

"Just stop seeing her," he grumbled.

I played with Pavlov for a bit. All the while, I thought about Aderyn. We were like sisters and that was weird to me. One week ago, we were at each other's throats. Now we were best friends and I felt bad about it. Maybe I could make it up to her somehow. However, it was dinner time.

After cleaning my plate, I decided to play some video games. I got on the server for Death Blow, a shooter we both liked. I examined my male avatar who once again reminded me that I wasn't popular anymore. I loaded up the game and entered a match. Of course, I made the mistake of leaving voice chat on.