Caught Chp. 7

CHAPTER SEVEN- PIPER

Huh? We're all dead? I hear Reyna's words echo through my head. "Everyone, we need an escape route. I can sense a cyclops coming from that way." Leo shouts and points to one entrance.

"I'll take Reyna through the ceiling. She needs medical care immediately." Jason agrees and soars up to our original exit. I want to scream "Take me with you!" so badly. He disappears, holding Reyna tightly. "According to my maps and calculations, we should go this way." Annabeth suggests.

"Go ahead Owl Head." Percy says.

"Shut up Seaweed Brain, let's go!" she commands and leads the way.

"The Argo is ready." Leo announces.

"Good. Make sure Festus is prepared for take-off." she calls back. He plays with his control-watch and nods. We run desperately to the opening which is now in sight. Just as we clear the exit, something goes wrong. "Stop now!" a forceful, demanding voice halts us. I look around. No. Oh my gods. Jason and Reyna are tied together against a pole. "Yes, it's me. Quiloe. We need to take them to Gaea. We don't need you. The end." he sneers triumphantly. He must of escaped death because of those "holes" or whatever in the Underworld.

Two dracnae yank them off the pole and throw them into a huge chariot, pulled by four, pitch-black pegasi. The winged creatures angrily stomp around.

"My dears." Quiloe chimes to the dracnae. "Supper my ladies." We all pull out our weapons. I notice that Jason is feebly stirring. He looks at us for a second and struggles for Reyna's dagger, which they forgot to take away. A painful-looking welt is swelling above his forehead. He manages to reach the knife and cuts their bonds unnoticed. Annabeth looks at him for a millisecond and diverts the dracnae and Quiloe's attention. She charges at them and I follow. "I'll send you back to Hades the hard way!" I scream and plunge Katropis into a dracnae's heart. She shrieks and explodes into dust. The same happens to the others. Jason is floating above, protecting the still knocked-out Reyna. I jealously stare at them. "Let's go. The Argo is behind that hedge!" Leo runs ahead. We all follow him and clamber onboard. Jason, Percy, and Annabeth rush Reyna to the sickbay and Leo goes to take the wheel and gets us moving. I decide to follow Jason. When I get downstairs, I see Reyna on a white bed, Annabeth is grabbing some ambrosia and feeding it to her. She is barely awake. She meekly holds Jason's hand, who grasps it firmly. A pang of jealousy hits me again. I walk into the room. Annabeth tells Percy and Jason to go nicely so she can undress her and tend to her wounds. Annabeth gently pulls of Reyna's tattered dress and keeps her undergarments on. She cleans her and pours a couple drops of nectar on her cuts and rubs magical ointment on her wounds. Next, she dresses the larger ones neatly with sterile bandages. Then, she covers her with a white sheet. "She alright?" I ask slightly bitterly.

"She'll be fine. She just needs rest." Annabeth dims the lights and quietly closes the door.

Jason asks permission to go in and check on her after an hour. He gets denied. "She needs sleep. Your presence might awaken her." Annabeth shoos him away. He asks several times afterwards until she finally gives in. I go after him. "Are you okay?" I whisper as he dabs ointment on his bruises beside a cabinet near Reyna. I help him pour nectar on a long gash on his back. "Yeah. You?" he says softly back. I nod as I rub a tiny bit of salve on my own scrape. "Jason..." Reyna moans. He dashes to her side. "What is it Reyna?" he holds her hand.

"Why...? You and Piper and the others almost died just to save me." she moans slightly.

"You would've done the same if it were me." Reyna sighs. "You are an idiot. But thank you. Tell Piper thank you. Tell Annabeth and Percy and Leo thank you." she murmurs and falls back asleep. He leaves her after tenderly putting her arm back and comes back to me. "We should go." he suggests quietly. I nod and file out. We head to the dining room, starved. We grab those magical plates and cups and ask for what we desire. I ask for "Two small, lightly fried fish-filets with mesquite barbecue honey-cured hickory sauce, one Gala apple, parsley and cream mashed potatoes and bean, chile, and macaroni casserole." to my plate and "Pine nut juice with infused Cherokee spices." to my cup.

Jason requests "A lean- cut, roast beef and turkey and lettuce and tomato and no-onions-please sandwich on an Italian roll with kettle-cooked potato chips." and "A Coke." Annabeth comes in with a horrified expression on her face. "We're in trouble. The Romans think we kidnapped Reyna and Jason and brainwashed them to think their on our side." Jason topples over and spills Coke all over himself. I mop up the mess quickly.

"But we showed them the Athenian Parthenon! They have to be joking!" I shout. Leo and Percy come and Annabeth fills them in. "Yeah, but Octavian herded them up. Chiron just warned me by IM. When they see the state of them, their wounds and all, they'll think we did it!" she exclaims and collapses into a chair. Percy stands soberly next to her.

We've reached a stalemate. If Jason and Reyna go back, then no matter what they say, it will convince Camp Jupiter that they were brainwashed. We freeze in a solemn silence. Leo barges in. "The Romans are here."