Chap 24

~Wyatt~

I buried my face in his shoulder as I felt his hold tighten around me.

“Adam” I cried weakly.

“Tell me what wrong Wyatt, you’re scaring me.” his worried voice made me look up at him tearfully.

His brown curly hair was a mess and I barely noticed that he had on a large white t-shirt practically falling off his shoulder that looked like it belonged to one of his brothers and a pair of black basketball shorts.

 I guess I woke him up. Slowly I stepped away from him and wiped my traitorous tears from my face. A stampede of feet came running down the stairs as I glanced up at the twins bursting into the living room with the same rumpled look their younger brother was sporting.

“What the hell is going on down here?!” Jordan exclaimed as his eyes examined me before his confused and slightly annoyed expression changed to worry. Ryan was the one to come towards me and place a warm hand on my shoulder.

“Wyatt… are you crying?”

“Who do I need to kill?” Jordan growled as he stormed forward.

I didn’t answer just averted my eyes down towards the floor. Adam was the one to come to my rescue,

“Leave him be jerks, I doubt he wants your ugly mugs in his face right now.” He retorted wrapping a reassuring arm around my shoulders and guided me up the stairs.

“Lock the door.” Adam called behind him before closed the door to his bedroom. I walked sluggishly to his bed and flopped down on the disheveled grey comforter. There was a moment of silence before the memories of Zane and Owen came back. I felt the tightness in my throat and the tears began to start again which made Adam rush to me and kneel in front of me and take my hands.

“Oh come on Wyatt, you’re really starting to freak me out here, what happened?” I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath.

“I don’t know what to do Adam” I muttered softly because it was all I could manage.

“What are you talking about?” he asked softly.

I tightened my grip in his hands,

“I honestly don’t know where to start.”

“Well the beginning is always helpful” he teased but I wasn’t in the mood for laughs. I sat there for a good minute before taking a breath and heaving a deep sigh.

“Ok, I’ve got myself involved into a seriously complicated love triangle.” I rushed out ready to get this conversation over with.

“L…love triangle?” the profound confusion in his voice got me to open my eyes and look at him. He was frowning deeply. “With who?”

“Zane and Owen” I whispered turning my head away.

“What!?” he exclaimed jumped to his feet, letting go of my hands.

“Zane and Owen!?” he towered over me now, “When the hell did this all start?” I squeezed my eyes.

“Well, the first day of school” I told him reluctantly.

“Wyatt, how could you hold out on me like this?!” I rolled my eyes and snapped my head towards him and glared at him heatedly.

“Is that really important at the moment?” Adam quickly schooled his face and shook my head.

“Sorry, it’s just a shock is all; so tell me what happened.” I sighed again. “Wait let me guess, being you, you fell for both of them.” He said staring at me with a knowing look; I dropped my head in shame.