Chap 18

~Wyatt~

Tomorrow came a little faster than I wanted it to and I was freaking out. I was going on a date with Owen, I tried not to think about Zane while I was with him but let me tell you, it’s hard. The whole day in school I kept my eyes forwards and refused to let them wander towards him at all but I would get unwanted glimpses of him winking at me or chatting up some girl or guy. I tried to keep that jealousy from creeping up like it wanted to because I didn’t want to be a hypocrite going on dates and flirting with Owen when Zane was doing the same and getting jealous about it.

I had barely seen Adam at all today; he was hanging around Eian a lot laughing. I noticed Adam would glance up at him though his lashes and I instantly knew that Adam was flirting with him, pulling out all the stops and it looked as if Eian was liking it, so I didn’t have a chance to talk to him.

****

 It was around 7 o’clock when there was a knock at the front door.  I raced down the hall throwing my jacket on quickly hoping Karen hadn’t answered it. I sighed in relief when the door way was empty and slowed my pace to answer it. I opened the door and there stood a handsome Owen in a pair of dark jeans and a gray shirt, his short hair was gelled up in the front while the rest lay forward.

“Hey” he greeted and I couldn’t help the huge smile from spreading on my face.

“Hey back.”

“You ready for our date?” he asked holding his hand out for me. I gulped nervously and nodded reaching out to take his warm hand. A sense of calmness came over me the moment our hands touched and I sigh out the breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. He led me to his truck, helping me in.

We sat there in silence as he drove to who knows where.

“So how were you today, I didn’t see much of you.” He said awhile later into the trip. I turned my head to him and shrugged.

“I was kind of out of it most of the day; I can barely remember anything today.” He nodded.

“Same here, but it was because I was nervous about our date tonight.” He said, I watched the blush slowly rise in his cheeks. I chuckled at his cuteness.

“Oh really now?” he glanced at me for a second before looking out on the road.

“Yep” he mumbled. He turned the car into a long grass driveway under the cover of trees, I watched out my window as we rushed past them all.

“Where are you taking me Owen?” I asked really curious now.

“My favorite place in the world.” he said, my excitement skyrocketed.

Soon the truck came to a slow stop and I sat in awe as I stared out the window shield, there under the light of the moon was a large lake the water shimmering like diamonds in the pale light. A fluttering started in my stomach at the beauty of it.

“Do you like it?” Owen asked hesitantly, shutting the engine off. I nodded unable to get my mouth working at the moment.

“Good, I’m glad.” He said with a grin and hoped out, I followed suit my eyes still glued to the scene in front of me.

“So I brought some of Margery’s famous picnic spread.” He grunted as he rummaged in the back seat. I turned to see him straightened with a picnic basket and an old lantern. I smiled at him and followed behind him as he laid a white blanket for us to sit on.  I watched him spread out dish after dish that all looked delicious.

“Who’s Margery?” I asked reaching over for a chocolate covered strawberry he had uncovered and dipped it in some whip cream.

“Our cook, she’s been with us since Summer and I were born practically.” He took the lid off a container revealing homemade macaroni and cheese. My mouth salivated at the look of it, I can’t remember the last time I had homemade mac and cheese.