Chapter 1

-Newt's POV-

We were all sitting there waiting for the box to come up so we could welcome the new greenie to the glade. The box rose up and finally came to a stop.

"go on someone open it" someone called from the crowd. After a couple minutes someone finally opened the box and we saw the new greenie. He looked scared to death. We pulled him out of the box and onto the grass. A lot of people were laughing and talking through the crowd. ''I wonder what his name is'' i thought as i looked at him shoot off the ground and start running.

''WE GOT A RUNNER'' someone screamed. People were screaming and laughing as he was trying to run away but he wasn't going to get far because of a couple reasons 1.Were trapped in the maze. 2.he just flat out fell on his face. I kinda felt bad for the guy. Alby and I walked over there and led him to the pit in case he just freaked out and started attacking people....you never know....

"so when do you think he's going to remember his name'' i asked as i turned to look at Alby.

"probably the same as the rest of us in about a day or two'' he answered looking straight ahead.

''oh ok'' i said back as i kept walking.

"hey i'm going to take a nap i'm kinda beat'' He nodded and told me that he would send someone to wake me up when he was going to talk to the greenie. So i would get about twenty minutes of sleep if i could get comfortable. I layed down and closed my eyes. When are we ever going to find a way out. I hope it's soon.

I can never tell what my dreams mean. They are always a blur. I feel like i'm drowning and i can't escape. My dreams are always like this except this time the greenie was there. We were sitting in the glade talking. We were laughing. As he was looking straight into my eyes someone said "Thomas" which made him lose eye contact and turn his head turn to see who said it.

Someone shook me awake. I looked up to see Chuck staring at me. He told me they were ready "Oh, okay thanks chuck'' i said while getting up. I stretched the sleep out of my bones and headed out walking towards the pit. What did that dream mean? I proceded to scratch my head in thought. Is his name Thomas?