Chapter 6 - OH NO ITS A WALKING PILE OF RAMEN! Oh wait, its just Naruto.

CW: caps   ---   TW: fod

Sunlight streamed through the open window. A passing pigeon took on the responsibility of sitting itself right outside the window and screaming louder than seemed physically possible. Naruto grumbled and squinted into the light. He then grabbed the duvet and pulled it over his head in a pointless attempt to block out the bird's screeching, which evidently had its heart set on being a demonic alarm clock until Naruto left his bed. For a minute or so, they struggled in a challenge of endurance until Naruto lost his patience and lobbed his pillow at the blasted bird. The pillow simply flew through the window and missed the pigeon. Cursing, Naruto rolled off the bed and stumbled over to the window to try and find the pillow, which had fallen into the middle of a large rosemary bush, three storeys below.

"Ah, dammit," Naruto muttered, shivering in the cool morning air. Walking over to the bedside table, he picked up his toothbrush and stared at it for a moment. He then placed it back down, grabbed the money the Headmaster had given him and his room key and vaulted out of the window, to the confused and sleepy stares of the few strange people actually awake at five o'clock who just dismissed Naruto's entrance as a dream or something of that kind.

Five minutes later, Naruto skidded to a halt in front of a 24-hour convenience store.

"Hm, this looks promising," Naruto considered Dynamic Entrancing into the store, but Kurama was yelling at him to stay out of the radar, so he walked backwards into the store instead. His entrance was announced with a little jingle of a bell near the door.

"Whoa, there's so much stuff here!" Naruto exclaimed. He ran to the cup ramen aisle. "Look at all the different flavours of ramen!" Naruto gushed. He was about to buy the whole aisle when Kurama interrupted him with a loud, 'We came here for TOOTHPASTE, remember?'

'Well, yeah, but I also need to eat.'

Pushing the voice in his head to the back of his mind, Naruto shuffled over to the hygiene section and chose a toothpaste and some soap. On the way to the counter, he passed the ramen and, unable to restrain himself, grabbed one cup. Then another. And another...

------------------------------------------

The first time Seraphina saw Naruto, she didn't see him. Instead, she saw a big, walking pile of cup ramen that she later deduced to be a human carrying a pile of cup ramen. The next thing she saw was said pile of ramen falling on top of her as the person tripped over nothing. He dropped them all whilst falling flat on his face onto the unforgiving concrete. In a second or so he was up again (with his nose intact, surprisingly) and, noticing he had taken a random girl down with him, started apologising and picking the ramen up off the floor.

"Dammit, are you okay?" said the boy, holding his hand out to help her up. He was dressed almost all in orange, with a shock of bright yellow hair on top of his head and a nervous smile upon his face. All in all, he looked rather...bright. "I'm very sorry," he added. "Would you mind...uhh... helping me carry the ramen? I'll treat you to some afterwards, of course, and I'd like to avoid taking down any more passers-by..."

Sera couldn't help cracking a smile. With all the stressful events of the past few weeks, a stranger knocking her down with ramen seemed so harmlessly funny and such a welcome distraction from all of her problems, she took on this challenge of carrying the ramen with gusto. "Sure!" she exclaimed happily. The boy looked at her with a surprised expression on his face, evidently taken aback by how readily she agreed to help him, then broke into a laugh and helped her up off the ground, handing her some of the ramen as he did so. Together they walked along, a comedic sight, two teenagers obscured by cup ramen inching along the pavement, and Seraphina relished how unplanned and innocent the whole incident was. It was only once they had waddled their way through Wellston School's gates did Sera notice that she had overlooked the fact that she did not know where they were going, and that since they had walked through the gate, the boy must be a student at her school. Considering he had not recognised her, she assumed he must be fairly new, since she had been the talk of the school a few weeks ago.

"Hey," she croaked, her voice not having been used for a while, "Do you go to this school?"

The boy stopped and turned as much as he could without dropping all the ramen and replied, "Yeah, I do! Do you go here? I transferred yesterday!" He then proceeded to ask how much homework they would get, how many hours of school there was, what time was lunch and other questions of that sort.

"There's quite a lot of work, since this is a private school," Sera answered. The boy's face took on a crestfallen look.

"Kami damned it," he huffed. "Why do I have luck like this? I already got into a fight with my roommate, there's mandatory uniform and now loads of homework?"

They boy paused for a moment. It looked to Sera that he was having a conversation with someone in his head, but that wasn't possible, was it? Unless...

"Uh, just out of curiosity, what's your ability?" she asked. The boy looked at her with a confused expression.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh, just out of curiosity, what's your ability?" the kind girl who helped him asked. Oh shoot.

'Kurama? A little help please?' Naruto was trying (and failing, considering the way the girl was studying him intensely) to look like he wasn't having a conversation with the massive fox inside of him.

'Just say that you don't have an ability, because, technically you don't,'  Kurama grumbled, clearly sleep deprived and annoyed - a combination that Naruto did not like, so he stuck to the fox's plan. And besides, he did certainly have a point.

"I don't have an ability," Naruto said in a matter-of-fact tone of voice. He then realised this would probably be a bad thing and tried to look sad. The girl did not seem convinced. "Besides," he added, "I don't even know your name. I'm Naruto. Uzumaki Naruto."

"Seraphina," She replied. "Anyway, let's get this ramen to your room. You did say you'd treat me to some, didn't you?"

Naruto grinned once again and shuffled off towards the dorms, Seraphina right behind him.

END OF CHAPTER

Greetings! I am the other author of this wonderous crossover! Great, now I sound like Guy and Lee. Uhh, sorry that we haven't been updating as much as before, cuz of the usual excuse- I mean reasons. Homework, school, bla bla bla. We'll try to do one chapter per day, which is pretty good by my standards.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and if you spot any mistakes, be sure to comment!

-the almighty tong