Chapter 1 - A Bright Beginning (seriously he's a shooting star)

CW: caps

Seraphina was watching the night sky. So many things had changed in just a few days. John had become someone totally different from the kind and supportive person she knew. Then again, he hadn't really changed – she was simply not as blind as she used to be. If only things could go back to the way they used to be... getting boba after school, lending each other homework... Sera sighed. Why did everything have to go wrong? The stars twinkled up above. Oh! What's this? A shooting star! It blazed a fiery trail across the dark night sky, a trail of hope. Sera closed her eyes and wished as hard as she could that everything would be alright again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a few kilometres away, the shooting star was screaming his head off.

"AAAARRRRRGGH!!!!! HOLY SHOOT, WHY AM I FAAAAAAAALLLLLLIIIINGGGGGG!?"

A lot of weird things had happened to Naruto before but this was going a little too far. Suddenly falling through the sky – a night sky too, when he had been on the ground in the DAYTIME - was overdoing it.

"WAIT NO DEAR KAMI I DON'T WANNA DIEEEE! I'M NOT HOKAGE YEEEE-"

'Quit your screaming kit, you're not going to die.'

'KURAMA?? WHY ARE YOU HERE? AND WHERE EVEN IS HERE?'

'Why do you instantly assume I know what's going on? Just because you don't have a brai-'

'Why is the first thing you do insult me?'

'Because this is a great time to do it.'

'WHILST WE'RE FALLING TO OUR DEATHS??!!!'

'Correction, your death. I should reform in a couple hundred years or so...'

'Why do I have to live with you in my head?'

'Because you'd be dead a thousand times already if I weren't here. Anyways, you're not gonna die. You're like a cockroach, kit, a very stubborn cockroach.'

'THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO INSULT M-'

"Oof!" There was a great crash and a few seconds later, a forlorn figure clambered out of a Naruto-sized hole in the ground.

"I'M ALIVE! Wait a second, that barely hurt."

'My point exactly. Anyway, we should get out of here. The locals might notice a hole like that.'

'Locals, what locals? The local ant colony? I doubt they'll care.'

'No stupid, I can sense some people getting closer. And who knows what they'll think of some weirdo who just fell out of the sky and isn't dead. And that's considering they don't notice the fact that you're still a human candlestick...'

'Alright calm down, we'll leave.'

"Stupid fox," Naruto muttered whilst stomping off in a random direction through the forest.

'Oi, I heard that, brat!'