Stupid hormones...

Chapter's song: Firestone by Kygo, Conrad

҉       A ƤriƝɕҽsslɣ CoƝƝҽCƬioƝ        ҉

ChaPtEr SEveN             _________________________

Stupid hormones…

The most important lesson I was learning in Mexico was that I shouldn't assume things. Not talking about them would help, too...

My whole I-can-deal-with-anything attitude was completely fading away as I stood in front of the kitchen counter with stinging eyes. I was trying really hard not to cry but the tears would fall down even as I closed my eyes several times.

"Bugger...this is just too hard..."

Maria looked at me sympathetically. "You'll get used to it."

Oh well. That was not reassuring at all.

My feet hurt from showing everyone to their rooms.

My head hurt from Sol’s explanation of the housekeeping software.

My stomach rumbled because I was hungry and I’d skipped lunch since one of the guests needed help with her kid.

And now my eyes stung because I was chopping onions non-stop since Maria needed help with dinner.

How hard could it get?! It couldn’t get any harder than this!

Oh. And I hadn’t earned a freaking tip…

Someone started to chew an apple behind me. The sweet dainty apple aroma reached my nostrils. It seemed like a blessing after smelling onions for the last forty minutes. After rubbing my eyes for the gazillion time, I looked behind to find Jason examining the bowl with chopped onions. His grey eyes turned to me as I glared at him.

What the bloody hell? My onions were perfectly chopped. I mean, yeah…I messed up the first one because I chopped it into bigger chunks and Maria asked me to redo-it, so I ended up having a fight with the stupid onion and my knife; thus the stinging eyes.

But he didn’t know that! The pretty much smashed onion was on the very bottom of the bowl.

“Wow…you smell” he took a step back as my mouth hit the floor.

How rude!

“How was your day?” Maria asked Jason seeing that I was about to explode on him.

He took another bite of the juicy apple. “Great! I helped Pablo, served lunch and stuff, got a huge tip from the Aussie couple,” I narrowed my eyes at him as I totally drooled over his apple, “and Pablo showed me how to make mojitos and piña coladas,” he shrugged and delighted her with a bright smile, “it was fun.”

Awesome.

I took a deep breath before restarting to murder my last onion.

“Marianne, gracias. I got it…” Maria held my hand and grabbed the knife, “Toma una manzana (grab an apple), like Jason and take a break, would you?”

Jason’s eyes watched me amused as I washed my hands clenching my jaw. I could feel his eyes on me as I passed next to him to grab my apple. “Gracias Maria.”

She smiled back as I grabbed a bite of the red apple.

“I take it you haven’t had such an awesome day like me?” Jason sat on the chair next to me.