Grounded

Chapter's song: Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars. Because that song is just epic

My eyes roamed all around the poorly lit room I was. Sighing, I leaned on the uncomfortable chair I was sitting. A small grey table was the other thing in the room. That is if you took out the large mirror on my right.

Yes. The police had taken me and Val to the police station.

I cringed. I was pretty sure my parents knew about this by now.

Sighing, I placed my head in between my hands. So much for helping out Valerie.

In my defense, she had been desperate to ask for my help. All semester she'd been under torture because of Peter and she wanted revenge. It sounded pretty easy when we planned, just get inside his house, place a few minor innocent pranks around and then get out.

Easy, huh?

We didn't think that he could have an alarm system. And now we were screwed.

Beyond screwed.

I was pretty much dead.

But Valerie was like my sister. We'd been friends since forever. She was truly my one and only friend. So, I was bound to help her out...

The door cringed as it opened. A man dressed in a suit with a serious expression on his face came in. My heart started to race as I shifted in my seat clearly uncomfortable. He didn't look happy to be there.

"Your Royal Highness," he nodded once before sitting on the table. His voice was rough and he spoke deliberately slow, as if to lengthen the torture.

Let me tell you, it was working...

"Your parents have been notified. They're on their way." My heart skipped and I bit my lip dreading the moment they'd arrive. "However, Mr.Hemmings has decided not to press charges, he only asked to have a word with you. Would you like to talk to him now or when your parents arrive?"

I blinked at him for a moment. What on earth would he want to talk about? Still, the least he deserved was a thank you for not pressing charges? I should try to lessen the blow for the press's sake.

This would totally be over the news tomorrow, anyway.

Shit.

"Uhmm...I guess I'll talk to him..." I trailed bewildered.

The man nodded again, "Yes Ma'am."

Before he walked out the door, I asked shyly, "Sr?" Brown eyes turned my way, "How is the police officer who slipped?"

His expression darkened as he added stiffly, "he broke an arm."

I averted my eyes while fidgeting with my hands, "I'm really sorry."

He didn't say anything else. He just looked at me with a you-should-be expression on his face before closing the door behind him.

I sighed. Bloody hell...

The door opened again and the man who'd tortured my best-friend walked in. He didn't look menacing, to be honest. His red hair and freckles all over him gave him a kind of boyish look. His outfit was another thing. He was wearing jeans with a white shirt and brown vest on top. Another officer carried a chair and placed it on the other side of the table. Peter thanked him before grabbing the chair and turning it the other way. He sat on it and crossed his arms on the backrest while staring at me sternly.

I swallowed hard. "Could you explain me why did you wreck my house?"

Because you tortured Valerie? Ok. That sounded atrociously stupid. Which it was...