Prince Charming

҉ A PrinceSSly CoNNectioN ҉

Chapter's song: Salted Wound by Sia

ChaPtEr TWENTY-FIVE _________________________

Jason's POV

Prince Charming

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The hanger creaked as the punching bag flew backwards. My knuckles were in pain as I punched it once again. Sweat clouded my eyes and I rubbed my arm on them.

I was beating myself up.

Literally.

Ever since I came back, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her.

I always knew that she was completely out of reach for me.

And I tried to put some space between us...

It had been too damn hard. Ended up to be impossible.

I still remembered the first moment I laid eyes on her. I had seen her in pictures...but they were nothing compared to the real thing.

Hazel eyes, plump lips, amazing body. Even better after being a few weeks in Mexico. She blossomed. She looked happier than before and not as skinny.

Nothing compared to her personality, though.

Being a Royal, I'd figured she was a little brat. Which seemed to, at first. But then she showed her true self.

And she was amazing.

She was caring, kind, gentle and selfless. Plus she didn't mind to curse or eat shitty little salads all the time.

And she was here. In my house.

My hands clenched in tight fists as I kept punching the bag.

I was a fucking idiot.

I didn't know what to say or what to do. And Grace was here.

Fuck.

She must have assumed that she was my alleged girlfriend.

And I didn't clarify anything. I let her go away even as I saw the sadness in her eyes.

But what was I supposed to offer to her?

I was a nobody.

...and she is everything...

Fuck.

A dry towel landed on my head. I glanced behind to find Danielle leaned on the bottom of the attic stairs with crossed arms and a stupid know-it-all smirk on her face.

"You stink."

I rolled my eyes, "get the fuck out of here, then."

"Tsk," she shook her head, "you're not supposed to talk to me that way, you moron!"

I dried my face and shoved the towel away. Grabbing a bottle of cold water, I asked annoyed, "What do you want, Danielle?"

She shrugged, "I just wanted to tell you that you are a dipshit."

My jaw set. I know. I fucking know.

Adjusting the bandages on both hands, I took the position to start punching again.

"She was heartbroken." My chest tightened. "You broke her heart."

I glared at her. She met my stare and shook her head a moment later. "I'm disappointed in you, Jason. It may not mean much to you but just by spending an hour with her, I could tell how much she cares about you. And she's really sweet."

My arms hung limply by my side as I glared at the floor, "I do care about you."

She snorted, "Well, you have a beautiful way of showing it, brother."

I kicked the bag with my right leg and stopped the bag with another punch from my left arm. "I'm sorry if I've been snapping at everyone," I growled.

Danielle's gentle hand grabbed my arm to stop me from blowing another punch. "I think it's not easy to fall in love with a Princess but even if you don't have a title, you're a charming Prince in my eyes." She smiled to me, "and you're a great guy, Jason. Don't let something as insignificant as that stop you from having the girl of your dreams."

I passed a hand through my hair. "How can you tell that she cares about me? Or that I care about her?"

Her grey eyes looked unfazed as she shrugged, "because her eyes lit up the moment she mentions you...and she was completely shattered after seeing you with Grace...no one reacts like that without being in love, Jay-Jay." My lips twitched at the mention of her childhood's nickname for me. "Plus, you were speechless when you saw her. You looked completely lost." She shoved my head away, "and that's a first with you."

I replayed the look in her eyes as she stood on the bottom of the stairs. The way her eyes lit up and then how as sudden they looked distraught. All in less than ten seconds.

"What happened between you two?" Danielle asked curiously tilting her head.

Everything.

Everything happened.

I shook my head. It was none of her business.

Taking away the bandages off my hands, I slumped on the ratty couch over the corner. I took a large gulp of water before asking her, "What do I have to offer to her?" I looked around at the poorly lit room. It was almost empty. There was a small lightbulb hanging on from the ceiling. The still swaying punching bag and the broken couch were I was seated. "I still live with my mother and sister..." I trailed embarrassed.

Danielle rolled her eyes, "that's because you're never here. You are away most of the time."

"Exactly."

I'm never home. Always on a different country for a period of time.

I couldn't even give her time.

"Then change that."

My eyes glanced at my little sister. She was sat on the last step of the stairs gazing at me. Totally convinced that I could pull that out.

"I still have nothing else to offer."

Her grey eyes steadily held my gaze for a moment. "You have you, silly. That's all she wants." She shook her head and dropped a small crumpled paper on my lap before walking away.

After she left, my fingers flattened the paper to see a set of numbers written on it.

I glanced at the stairs where she had just disappeared.

Shit.

When had she turned  out to be the grown up between us two?

_________________________________________________________________

I know. It's small and whatnot. But it's my third update of the day! And just for that I deserve a gazillion comments and votes!!!!!!

Plus, I'm tired. And this must have more mistakes than ever. Sorry about that. You know I never edit. Sorry about that too :) LOL

I really really love you guys! I'm up writing this because all of your comments.

Gabs