Chapter 15: A Mother's Love

*please re read this chapter if you have read it anytime before 1/23/15!*

I have updated! Finally! (please don't kill me!!) I am so sorry, but I have had a lot of things going on, like physical therapy, school work and such. I will try to be more constant on my updates, because I love this story, and I hope you do to!!

Another update really soon, promise! Enjoy this chapter and please comment and vote! Don't be a silent reader, I love hearing from you :)

FreshFictionFanxx

Hearing those words, made my heart stop.

It immediately brought me back to Jake's deathbed, where I was only days before.

Jake loved me and I know it. But Noah, he never told me that. He refused to tell me he loved me when we were dating, in fear if risking his "bad boy" reputation.

It was only a matter of seconds before I realized a simple fact. Noah was losing is mind.

There was no possible way he loved me, and even if he did, I know it would be very hard for him to love me as much as he loved Noelle. Unless, it wasn't true love like he thought it was.

That fact brought me to the realization that I had tucked away in my heart the day Noah broke up with me.

Our loves, were different. They had to be.

I loved Noah, very much. But Jake, was always the warmth to my stone cold heart. Noah, was a flicker, a spark, a desire, but nothing compared to Jake.

Until now.

Maybe, it's because he is all I have.

My brain runs in circles, debating as to whether or not his words came out as lies of desperation or just the fact that he was at his low, his pride ceasing with every second that pass on that never-ending clock.

His eyes beg and plead for me to understand. And for once, I have nothing to say back to him.

And with that, I drop my hands from his smooth face. His blue eyes water, which causes him to turn them to the ground in embarrassment.

"Noah," I whisper, finally finding my words, "I don't know if I can believe you."

He swallows hard and then nods, his voice too tear clogged to answer.

"I think that you are only saying that, because I am the closest thing to Noelle, am I right?" I ask, looking up at the stary sky.

"No." He replies with a broken tone.

"Depression? Do you just want to hear those words again?"

"No." He says firmly, now starting to sound annoyed.

I refuse to look at him. His words only confuse me more.

"I am going home. I am going to see my mother, who probably thinks I have disappeared off the face of the Earth and I am going to mourn for my boyfriend." I emphasize, stating my intentions in a firm tone.

"Wait." He says, stopping my motion by grabbing my wrist and staring me in the eye.

"I just-I don't know what to do anymore, Ella. I don't know how to feel, or to think, but I know I feel something for you."

I shake my head and stand up. "I am really getting tired of your crap, Noah."

I start to walk away, to protect myself again, but this time....he doesn't let me leave.

I feel his hand snake around my wrist and he pulls me backwards and into his firm hold.

"I said, don't leave me." He replies, huskily.