Chapter 4: The Monster Under My Bed

I wake up to what feels like a feather tickling my nose. I sneeze then open my eyes to a blue eyed idiot.

I sit up and rub my eyes, Noah leans down to my eye level with a smirk.

"Morning, princess."

Before I can snap at him, I look around, seeing that Jake is gone.

"Where is Jake?" I ask, worriedly.

Noah snorts, "Calm down, he's downstairs. You are too obsessed with him sweetheart."

I cringe, I hate it when he calls me all those names.

I look down, "Stop Noah."

His eyes widen, then a look of regret crosses over his eyes.

I look up at him, tears well up in my eyes, which I refuse to let slide down my cheeks, "Don't give me that look. You know I will never forget you."

He starts to speak, but I stand up to leave. Suddenly, I feel a hand snake are my wrist and hold me back, I try to struggle out of his grasp but it doesn't work.

Angered and hurt, I turn around and slap him, leaving a red mark across his cheek. He stares at me, and I stare back in complete shock. Did I seriously just hit him?

I step back, as he places his hand on his cheek. His eyes get dark, and he falls down onto the bed, hanging his head. He sits there for a minute, holding his shaking hand to his cheek.

"You deserved it." I whisper, holding my wrist to my chest.

"You know," he replies, "after a while, I noticed that I was the monster. But, I am beginning to think I am wrong, I'm not the monster anymore. You are."

I feel my heart constrict, and my lungs forget to breathe. No, no, I am not the monster he was. I could never turn into someone as cruel as him.

"No, no, no, no!" I say, stepping away from him. My vision blurs with tears.

"I am so sorry. I-I really didn't mean to hit you." I stutter, pleading a lame apology.

Without another thought I turn around and run out the door. I painfully hold back tears and skip steps down the stairs, my eyes searching for the only man that can be my comfort.

I run into the kitchen, seeing Jake and his mom drying dishes. Jake looks up from drying his dish and his eyes grow wide.

"Ella? What is wrong?" He explains, jogging over to me.

I grab him toward me and bury my face into his shirt, letting my chest convulse with sobs. He bends down and picks me up bridal style and then carries me into the livingroom. He sets us both down on the couch and holds me, brushing my hair and rubbing small ciricles into my lower back.

After I finally stop crying, I grab his hand and slowly intertwine our fingers. He lays his head back and closes his eyes. I sniffle and lean against his chest.

"How much do you care for me Jake?" I whisper, looking up at him from the crevise of his neck.

He opens his eyes and looks down at me, love reflecting through his eyes. He smirks and then picks me up and carries me upstairs into his room. I smile and look at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Jake! What are you doing?" I laugh. I feel small butterflies twirl within my stomach as he closes his door behind him. I start to shake a little as he moves slowly over to his bed and lays me down. He puts his hands on either side of my head and smiles.

"You asked me how much I care for you. So, Ella Grace, I am going to show you." He says.

I didn't have time to speak another word before his lips crashed onto mine.

A few hours later, after a long kiss that he literally begged me to continue, I finally convinced him to stop. Jake's mother told us not to long after that we were leaving a little early, and that we needed to pack our bags soon.

Though I was disappointed, I admit I was ready to go home and cuddle up in my own bed with my laptop, divulging myself in the upcoming episodes of Walking Dead.

"Ella? Are you ready?" Jake asks, walking into Noelle and I's room. I nod, sliding my last t-shirt into my overnight bag.

He grabs it from me and then walks down stairs to put it into the car. I go downstairs and sit down next to Noelle, who is currently watching Carrie Diaries.

"Hey, how's it goin?" I asked, sliding beside her.

With a smile, she turns toward me and grins.

"Pretty good. I just kicked out Noah. It was ticking me off, trying to flirt with me again. I am so tired of him doing that, I know he is a player. But, I can't hide the feelings I have had for him for a while. I really don't know what to do anymore."

I bite my lip and look out the window before replying, "I understand. But trust me, he is a jerk. You know I dated him for two years, and I know almost everything about him. He isn't worth your time or your heart. But, that's just my advice. You can do whatever you want honestly."

She nods and looks down at her twirling fingers.

"Yeah. Anyway, are you ready to leave? I know my mom is dying to get out of here, she has some stupid business deal to take care of."

I laugh and nod my head, following briskly behind her as we exit the house. I get inot the car and sit in the opposite side of Jake's seat. This time, we decided to sit in the back and let his father drive.

"Are you ready?" Jake asks, helping me into the car.

I grin and nod my head, excited to go home. We all talk for a while, but I eventually tuned out and leaned against Jake's shoulder.

Jake moves around, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. I look down at his phone, his friend's name popping up on the screen. Looking a the text's, without prying to much, I can see that Jake's friend is easily making Jake angry.

Jake let's off a frustrated sigh and leans back, his hands balling up in fists. He takes his phone and throws it down, making me lift my head off his chest.

"No, lay back down." He pleads, "I want you to lay on me."

I can't help but smile.

"Okay baby." I whisper, laying my head back down.

A few minutes later, his family stops at a gas station fr a snack and to refill gas. We decide to stay in the car as they went inside.

Jake puts an arm around my waist and pulls me close as he resumes texting his friend.

"Screw you!' Jake randomly outburst making me jump. He throws his phone into the next seat and sighs again.

"Everything okay? This guy seems to be pushing your buttons." I say, looking up at him.

He sighs, "He is just making me very confused and frustrated. I am sick and tired-"

I interrupt him by leaning up and kissing his neck. I trail small kisses up his neck until I hit his jaw. I love the way his skin feels against my lips, how my heart beats tens times faster the more I kiss him.

I hear him moan softly, his neck falling to the side so I could kiss him more. I let up and giggle, his lips turn into a frown.

"Ella..." He pouts, dragging out my name.

I lean into his ear and whisper, "I just wanted to take the edge off."

He smirks and steals a long kiss before looking down at his phone again. I look at his eyes, worried yet heated with anger.

"What's wrong?" I ask, not sure whether or not to be worried or scared.

He shakes his head and looks at Noelle who is walking back toward the car.

"We have a problem."

Sorry for the long delay! Enjoy the next follwoing chapters!

FreshFictionFan