Chapter 9: Too Far Gone

Jake's POV

As soon as I slam the front door, turn on my car and start to drive down the road, I know I just made a huge mistake. I was angry, and I still am. But, that was no reason to take it out on Ella like that.

I hope she knows that I didn't mean any of that. I bet she does, but, I'm not sure.

I turn down my street and quickly park my car on the curb beside my house. I am still fuming. I need to find where Noelle is, and fast.

I walk inside the house and jog into the kitchen, finding my mother cooking dinner.

"Mom?" I ask, making her turn around.

"Yes Jake?" she replies, wiping flour off her face.

"Have you seen Noelle? I haven't seen her since this morning." I say, my hands starting to shake a little.

My mother's face turns concerned.

"No, Jake I haven't. I thought she would be with you today, since you two usually hang out together a lot on weekends."

I frown, "I don't know where she is, but I am going to find her."

"Should I call the cops?" she asks with even more concern and starts to run toward the house phone.

I catch her arm and stop her, "No, I will go look for her. Don't worry about it."

She nods and bites her lip, clutching her towel to her chest.

I take off toward my car and start it, listening to the rearing engine.

I pull out and start down the street. That's when the memory hits me. Ella's sweet, angelic face yelling at me with tears streaming down her face. The hurt that flashed through her eyes.

I feel my heart constrict, realizing how much I hurt her. I decide to go back and apologize to her. If one of us were gone tomorrow, I wouldn't want that to be the last thing I said to her.

I quickly speed up down the old back road until I see her house come into view. It doesn't take me long before I am parked, out of the car and knocking on her front door.

I eagerly bang on her front door and it's only a second later that her door opens, and I come face to face with a tear streaked Ella.

I feel moisture rise from the back of my own eyelids and I walk up to her, wrapping her up in my arms. She grabs a hold of my neck and stands up on her toes to pull herself closer.

"Baby," I whimper in her ear, kissing down her neck. "Sweetheart, Ella, I am so sorry!"

I kiss her lips until I run out of breath. Those beautiful, light pink lips that I crave for every second of my day.

"It's okay, Jake." she replies back meekly.

"No, babe it wasn't. I am so sorry Ella! I didn't mean what I said, it was all just out of anger. I am pissed at Noah and I am worried about my sister."

Ella looks up at me with glossy eyes, and then pulls me through the door and crashes her lips against mine. I kiss her, pushing her up against the door, closing it with her body. I lick her bottom lip for entrance, which she grants with a moan. We battle for control, only making the kiss even more heated.

I groan and push myself closer, grabbing a hold of her hips. Every kiss from this girl sets me on the edge. And right now, I just want even more of those addicting lips.

After a few minutes of the blissful kiss, we both back away breathless. Ella closes her eyes and lays her head down on my chest, panting heavily.

I chuckle and try to catch my breath too, holding her against my chest.