Personal Space

Chapter 2

Personal Space

Army let Aloha into the passenger seat of his car and drove back to his own apartment. The ride back was more awkward than usual, no one talked. Army could tell something was up with his friend as he seemed extremely on-edge.

(Aloha's P.O.V)

I honestly really wanted to tell Army... well.. the way I felt about him, but I know I'd get all flustered and awkward if I even opened my mouth to tell him. What if Army didn't like me back? What if Army wasn't even into boys? I asked myself repeatedly.

(Army's P.O.V)

Aloha is really quite an extraordinary person. So many times I was close to... telling him.. but then I'd flip out and stutter on my words which made it embarrassing.

I let him inside my apartment room and he immediately asked me where the bathroom was.

"Down the hall, past my bedroom, and to the left. If you need extra soap or anything just go look in my room," I explained.

"Okay then—" Aloha started but was cut off by me.

"Just don't read..." I trailed off, "Never mind, it's not like you to do that."

(Aloha's P.O.V)

I was really confused about what Army didn't want me to read. But I shook it off. I really had to pee and I'd rather not pee myself at my crush's house than wonder about what he meant.

I walked into the bathroom did my business, flushed, and got my hands wet by the sinkwater. However, when I went to use the soap, I found that it was empty. Ugh.

I shook my hands to get most of the water off before quickly leaving the small bathroom to find Army.

"Hey, Army, so you said there was soap in your room?"

He just nodded and told me to look in one of the drawers next to his closet.

As I walked in, I saw a journal and looked a lot like Army's manual. I picked up the little book and flipped through the pages. Eh, looks like a bunch of-

Suddenly, I realized that this was no ordinary manual- or even a manual at all! It was his... Diary.

Now I was really interested and honestly thought twice before invading his space. But the temptation was too strong and I found myself reading the latest pages in the neatly organized book...

3/20/4008 (yesterday) (A/N: I don't actually know when Splatoon 2 took place- Shush.)

Dear Diary,

As Aloha and I walked down the street side by side I couldn't help but blush. He was so tall and handsome. I just wanted to hold his hand. But of course, I didn't. I had my expectations for myself and those were:

- Don't let the enemy team go win without a fight

- Be strong, even in the worst times

But most of all:

- Don't give any indication that you love Aloha before you get the guts to tell him

We continued walking until we came upon Mask and Skull who were chatting happily.

After a brief talk with them, Aloha and I kept walking along the sidewalk. At this point, I knew I was blushing a bright and clearly visible tangerine color and I just hoped that 'you know who' didn't notice.

After we parted I went home and here I am now, writing this, thinking about how much I love him. Nothing much happened after so...

End~