Friends

Liam's (Ace) POV

Liam's (Ace) POV

She was so beautiful. Inside and out. Her soul was so pure and clean. Her smile makes me smile. I've never met anyone more perfect than her.

Working as Alexandra's chauffeur has been amazing. We have grown very close and I feel like we have this close connection. Everything was great. Up until I remember that I was holding this big secret from her and that I've basically ruined her life.

Today when I went to pick Alex up from work, she asked to stop by the pharmacy to pick up her anxiety pills. I know she's suffered a lot after my 'death'. But taking anxiety pills? I didn't think it would affect her this much.

When she told me at the pharmacy she had been taking anxiety pills for a while now, I wanted to scream out "Im Ace. It's really me! I don't want you to hurt anymore. I'm right here!" But I knew that wasn't possible. It wasn't the right time.

I was afraid of the way she would react. Obviously she would be angry that I lied to her and how selfish I was. I was afraid that I would lose someone so special and so real. What would I do if I lost her and couldn't get her back? She was the only reason I was still here right now. Without her, I wouldn't have a life worth living. Not wanting to ruin our friendship and where we were right now, I kept shut.

I was happy for her when I learned that she was going out for dinner with a friend. I was glad that she was finally going out, it would give her an opportunity to clear her mind and have fun for once. But when I saw David Zay, my best friend (Well, Ace's best friend) waiting for her at the front of the restaurant, I got annoyed. David isn't someone who likes to keep women and I knew that if he tried to make a move on Alex, he would only end up breaking her heart at the end. I also was a bit jealous, not gonna lie. Seeing her go out with a different guy. But I push my jealousy thoughts to the side and wait for her in the parking lot of the restaurant.

It was hot in the car and I didn't want to let the car run so I decided to stand in front of the car to get some fresh air. After about 30 minutes, I hear Alex call out my name and see her standing in front of me with tears streaming down her face. I go to her and she throws her arms around me. I hug her and try to comfort her as much as I can. She starts talking about something on the speakers? Music that reminded her of him? Who's him? Did David hurt her or do something?! I started to worry. After a bit, she takes out her anxiety pills and takes two. It calms her down a bit.

I notice her sending David's call to voicemail. I wipe away her tears and push away some of the hair that was in her face. Looking into her soft brown eyes, all I wanted to do was kiss her. But that wouldn't be right. She needs comfort right now which is what I give her.

She comes closer to me and leans into the hand I had on her cheek. She looks into my eyes and moves her gaze to my lips. She starts to bite her own and that makes me want to kiss her even more. I place my hand on the lower part of her back and she brings her hand up to the back of my head. Just before I can finish my thoughts, she surprises me with a kiss. Was this really happening right now!? I blink and realize this was really happening. I deepen the kiss and feel her luscious soft lips on mine and pull her closer to me.

We both pull away panting surprised at what just happened. She started to tell me that she was sorry and was caught up in the moment. I was a bit hurt knowing that this was a mistake to her.

Then we see David standing beside us. I smiled at the thought of him seeing us kiss after she left him in the restaurant even though I shouldn't be happy.... But I was :)

He passes her a scarf she had forgotten in the restaurant. Alex starts to apologize and I finally learn what had happened that caused her to have a panic attack. It was because she heard the song I used to play on the violin before in the restaurant and that triggered her panic attack. Knowing that it was me that caused her to cry and get a panic attack while enjoying her one day out, hurt my heart. It was all because of me. She was hurting, because of me.

I can't believe she remembered that melody. It was a classical song that I would play on the violin whenever I was sad. Especially after the plane crash, I was in a dark time. My fiance had left me, I had a damaged face and I couldn't even take care of my own self. I escaped the harsh reality by going to my violin. I remember Alex would listen while I played and I feel so bad for yelling at her that one time. The fact that she remembered the melody, and it affected her... makes me feel like a dick.

After David leaves, Alex and I just stand in awkward silence until she says

'We should go home' and gets into the car

We don't talk in the car. I knew she was tired mentally and physically. She also has had a long day so we just drive home in silence.

I park the car at the front of my- I mean her house. I look back at her and notice she's fallen asleep. It was probably the pills she took that made her drift off.

Not wanting to wake her up, I lift her up bridal style and carry her inside. She gently moves and mumbles something when I lift her up. Slightly opening her eyes, she looks at me and closes them again feeling more relaxed. She supports herself by bringing her arms up around my neck and whispers 'are we home?'.

I answer softly as I start to climb up the front stairs to the door

"Yes Alex, we're home"

As I approach the front door, Molly sees me and opens the door

"Oh? She's sleeping" Molly says

I give her a soft smile "Ya, I didn't want to wake her up"

"Your too sweet dear Liam, just bring her upstairs, I'll get her out of her clothes," Molly says

I bring Alex upstairs to her room and gently lay her on the bed. Still asleep, she gets more comfortable at the touch of her pillow and hugs it tight. Looking down at her, I notice how beautiful she is, even when asleep. She looked so relaxed, free.

Molly enters the room to get her out of her dress and I say my goodnights to her and make my way out of the room.

Passing down the hallway, I see my old room's door. So many memories in this house. Memories of the old me. I gently open the door to my old room, curious to see it again. I couldn't believe how everything was still the same. It's been a year and my room still looked the same. Everything was still there as I had last left it a year ago. My room gave off a dark vibe. Everything was black with dark grey walls. It was the biggest room in the house and I can't believe Alex didn't move into this room.

It was as if she was scared to get rid of my things.

I take a look around at my old things. Well, Ace's things. Then I see it, my violin, on top of a table in the corner of my room. The top of the case was covered in a bit of dust. I open the case and reveal the beautiful violin sitting inside.

I get hit with a wave of sadness and regret. Regret because what I had done was so selfish. I didn't think about Alex and how this would affect her which clearly has. I just wanted to be with her,  to make her feel better and safe again. The old me was so overwhelmed with problems of my own that I just passed them onto her and I disappeared.

And now I'm back. To win her heart. This is even more selfish. What was I doing? I've already hurt her enough and don't need to add to the pain Ace has already caused her. She said herself that our kiss from tonight was a mistake.

I can't let that mistake happen again, even if it was perfect. I don't deserve her.

With all these thoughts running through my mind, I quietly exit my old room and make my way to my new tiny apartment that I've been living in. I needed to rest my mind and start my day again tomorrow, as Alex's chauffeur and friend. Nothing more. For her sake.

Aww
New update!! Hope you enjoyed Ace's POV
Please vote comment what you think :))
Thank you for your support
Lots of love
More updates coming soon
Bye for now 💋