Ring

Alex's POV

Alex's POV

The elevator doors open and I walk out, heading to my office that Ace and I were sharing. Today I was wearing a black suit with red heels, my hair up in a slick pulled back ponytail. After waiting hours last night at the restaurant where Ace never showed up for our dinner date that HE invited me to, I was slightly annoyed. Maybe he had a reasonable explanation for this so I decided to wait and see him today in the office at work to talk about it.

I walk into the office and turn to see Leila, Ace's PA packing up his things from his desk in a box.

"Leila?"

"Good Morning Mrs. Anderson" she responds with a smile

"W-why are you packing up Ace's things?" I question

"Oh, Mr. Anderson decided to move to another empty office, he said he wanted to give you more space and asked me to move his things" she says

More space.... Are you serious??

I stand there, not sure how to reply

"Oh." I simply say

"I thought he had told you, my apologies. Would you like me to inform him that you arrived" Leila asks

"NoO!" I say a little too quickly

I clear my throat and calm myself down

"No need, thank you Leila" I say with a smile and sit at my desk, opening my emails

What happened last night? Why didn't he ever show up and why is he now moving to another room!? I wasn't sure what his problem was. I felt hurt but now I was masking my feelings with anger....

A couple hours of working, I decided to head to the break room to make myself a cup of coffee. I walk over to the coffee machine and grab a mug. I start to pour my coffee when I suddenly hear Ace's voice getting louder and louder.

He walks into the break room with another employee and they were talking about work. Stirring my coffee, I turn and we make eye contact, but I quickly look away. He keeps on talking with the employee, not even acknowledging that I was here, not bringing up the situation from last night and not even caring to talk to me in general so I grab my mug and just walk out, ignoring him.

I'm not sure what his problem was but now I was really pissed off.

Ace's POV

I knew after Alex not showing up to dinner last night, it was time to give her the space she needed. First thing I did this morning was move to one of the empty offices. It was only right and fair to her. I didn't want to be more of a burden than I already was to her. When I walked into the break room this morning and saw her making herself some coffee, I was a bit surprised that she didn't say anything. She wouldn't even make eye contact.... She just ignored me and walked out of the break room. I'm not sure why she seemed angry. If anything, I was angry that after planning the dinner date, she didn't show up. Even though I had a strong feeling that she would, well at least those were the vibes I was getting from her at the gala last night.