Kiwi

Layla

He kisses down below my chest, finding home and comfort on my bellybutton. He kisses that same spot again and again, looking up at me once more in the process as his fingertips barely trace the surface.He holds a tint of sadness, that's surely made evident as I realize a certain emptiness that needs to be addressed. It's a time of darkness that I've pushed into a small drawer, wanting to keep it locked up forever.

"How did your doctor visit go the other day? You should have let me come with you," he whispers.

"It's nothing special, all just routine follow up. Just looking for any miraculous changes."

"And?"

I gulp, feeling the bitterness stuck in my throat as I force myself to speak on a matter that still haunts me till this very day. "I'm still the same woman; too weak to ever carry a baby."

He wanders back up to my lips, pressing his onto mine, assuring me that all will be fine and I'm forever going to be alright. "You're not weak little darling, you know that right? You're one of the strongest people I know. You've handled so much loss and yet, you're more powerful than ever."

"It still hurts sometimes, you know? Sometimes at night, I have these dreams where I can picture a different reality and it's just...so perfect...it's so beautiful and I hate that it was all taken away from me. I hate that we'll never have the chance..."

"Hey, hey, stop. Don't go there. You're my family Layla James. You're my entire world. Everything else, will happen when it's the right time."

"But that's the thing, it's never going to happen for me. And it wasn't even something I thought I wanted until I lost the chance. I took that from you."

"You didn't take anything from me. I love you so badly baby, don't say things like that, please."

No tears fall because we've both come a long way since that dreadful night and the horrible aftermath. We occupy our time on this cold autumn morning within the warm and welcoming sheets, enjoying the other, loving to be the cause of such bliss. When he's through tasting me, he leans onto the pillowcase, sighing heavily into the air as I too try to catch my breath.

"You're trembling," I say, witnessing the way his chest rises up and down.

He flushes like a peach, chuckling at my statement. "I'm so fucking pathetic, you didn't even touch me and I...I finished, just watching you."

I bury my face within the blankets, giggling as he tries to tickle me all over. And I know that until the day I die, I'll never get over his sweet gingerly words. He'll always be the reason for my blush as I'll always be the reason for his as well. Nothing and nobody will ever change that. A few minutes later, he has his camera in his hands, capturing a few aesthetic photographs of me tangled and warm in the sheets.

 A few minutes later, he has his camera in his hands, capturing a few aesthetic photographs of me tangled and warm in the sheets